Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art, Park Road, Glasgow
Now in its third year, Thistle Gallery continues to offer its ever growing client base wonderful and affordable art from an eclectic range of Scottish Contemporary Artists.
Summer Time Summer Place Final Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
1 – 29 June, 2019
6 April – 26 May, 2019
‘Turning Over A New Leaf’
12 January – 24 February, 2019
‘Unwrapped’ Show 3 – 24 November, 2018
Reveals Layers of Remarkable Talent
From 6 – 28 October, 2018
‘Shaping Their World’
New exhibition at Thistle Gallery 1 – 30 September, 2018
‘A unique array of exhibits from 16 accomplished Scottish women artists whose remarkable interpretation of the theme is expressed through the mediums of paint, artisan glassware, ceramics, jewellery and textiles.’
‘Cityscapes on the Horizon’
Summer Exhibition 2018
A unique collection of original artworks by several leading Scottish contemporary artists all of whom have their own remarkable interpretation of our City and its environs. Commences 5 August until 26 August, 2018. Further details and gallery.
Scottish Contemporary Art at Thistle Gallery
‘We remain true to our original aims of offering a dynamic range of Scottish Contemporary Art, which is both affordable and accessible but never predictable!
In the process we have now established ourselves as one of the West End’s most popular Galleries and throughout the year will offer an exciting and vibrant mixed rotational Show.
Featuring a strong body of new work from some of our best selling artists: Linda Park, Ian Elliot, Cecilia Cardiff, Ian Rawnsley, Jennifer Irvine, Sam Skelton, Jackie Henderson, James Somerville Lindsay, Iain Gordon, Georgie Young, Moy Mackay, Ross Muir, Sheila Fowler and Gillian Henshaw.”
In addition to paintings in a variety of mediums there will also be a superb range of exquisite and eclectic jewellery from Alexa Hope, Amanda Johnson, Carol Docherty, Eileen McAllister, David Murray, Helen Swan and Clare Spencer, textiles from Iona Crawford, Susan Mylne, and Olive Pearson. You will find artisan glassware by Dorte Pape and Elin Isaksson plus ceramics from Angela Pointon and Alex Johannsen.
‘We look forward to seeing you when you pop in. CD’
Thistle Gallery is a friendly neighbourhood gallery located in Kelvinbridge, one of Glasgow West End’s most vibrant areas, where Carol Dunbar has created an exquisite space with an eclectic mix of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, textiles and jewellery.
The gallery has a spacious and tranquil feel with art work beautifully exhibited and tasteful displays of ceramics, glass and jewellery complement the wonderful paintings.
The window installations are themselves a work of art and passers-by cannot help but stop to admire them – often they are tempted to step into the gallery. They can be assured of a friendly greeting. Look out for the fabulous book art by Ronnie Gildea.
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, Best In The West, Books, Talks, Poetry Events, Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Pat's Home Page Blog, Shopping, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
2 responses to “Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art, Park Road, Glasgow”
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Secret Location: Final Destination
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Simple Women presented by Femspectives
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 at CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Heroic Losers
- Glasgow Film Festival: Roy’s World: Barry Gifford’s Chicago, CCA
- Glasgow Film Festival: Luz the Flower of Evil
- Days of the Bagnold Summer Glasgow Film Festival
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 Our Ladies
- Glasgow Film Festival: Run
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Jazz On A Summer’s Day
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020, Disco
- Bacurau, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Lost Transmissions, Glasgow Film Festival 2020
- Glasgow Film Festival: Romantic Comedy + Live Score by Summer Camp
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Parasite (black and white version announced)
- Glasgow Film Festival: Master Cheng
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Rocks
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020 – Industry Focus
- Country Strand at Glasgow Fllm Festival 2020 – Iceland Northern Shining Light
- Glasgow Film Festival: The County