Antiques and Collectables – Glasgow: Shopping
Glasgow West End: Pat’s Guide to Hunting out Antiques
Great Western Auctions Limited
1291 Dumbarton Road, Whiteinch, Glasgow G14 9UY
Plenty of excitment here with auctions every second Saturday where you can find linens and lace, paintings and porcelain, furniture, musical instruments, carpets etc.etc.etc. The list is endless and the show spectacular.
See the feature:Anita Manning
Other West End Antique Shops include:
Woodlands Antique Cottage, 191 – 193 St Georges Road.
Partick Furnishing, 662 Dumbarton Road
Starry Starry Night, 19 – 21 Dowanside Lane (off Byres Road).
Back in the heart of the West End the Hillhead area is a good spot for antiques with a number of very interesting and inviting establishments. Have a walk around Otago Street and Park Road and you can take in a number of different shops within a small area. Both “All Our Yesterdays”, 6 Park Road and Lansdowne Antiques, 10 Park Road are worth a visit. Otago Street, which is very nearby, has Authentics at No. 12 which has really lovely old pieces. I was thrilled with a glass lampshade I bought there – French and fantastic and most unusual. Right next door to Authentics you will find Retro, which apart from a suberb range of period clothing has some nice bits and bobs – I love their linen and bed quilts.
This section: Shopping
Filed under: Shopping
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- Kelvingrove Christmas Market 2023
- Wasps Winter Market 2023
- Night Market at Cottiers
- Artists’ Christmas Fayre
- Winter Wonderland Ashton Lane 2023
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Halloween Evening Market – The Barras
- Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow
- Glasgow Shopping: Currie and Quirk Opticians, Byres Road, G12
- Launch Night – Plantique, Partick
- Freya O’Neill Art
- This Is Not a Craft Market – Govanhill International Festival
- Books at the Botanics
- GI Oils Exhibition – From East to West
- Make it Market at Cottiers
- Glasgow Mela 2023
- BIG BAND BUBLÉ at Cottiers
- The Market at Pollok House
- Glasgow’s Craft and Flea Market