Antiques and Collectables – Glasgow: Shopping
Glasgow West End: Pat’s Guide to Hunting out Antiques
Great Western Auctions Limited
1291 Dumbarton Road, Whiteinch, Glasgow G14 9UY
Plenty of excitment here with auctions every second Saturday where you can find linens and lace, paintings and porcelain, furniture, musical instruments, carpets etc.etc.etc. The list is endless and the show spectacular.
See the feature:Anita Manning
Other West End Antique Shops include:
Woodlands Antique Cottage, 191 – 193 St Georges Road.
Partick Furnishing, 662 Dumbarton Road
Starry Starry Night, 19 – 21 Dowanside Lane (off Byres Road).
Back in the heart of the West End the Hillhead area is a good spot for antiques with a number of very interesting and inviting establishments. Have a walk around Otago Street and Park Road and you can take in a number of different shops within a small area. Both “All Our Yesterdays”, 6 Park Road and Lansdowne Antiques, 10 Park Road are worth a visit. Otago Street, which is very nearby, has Authentics at No. 12 which has really lovely old pieces. I was thrilled with a glass lampshade I bought there – French and fantastic and most unusual. Right next door to Authentics you will find Retro, which apart from a suberb range of period clothing has some nice bits and bobs – I love their linen and bed quilts.
This section: Shopping
Filed under: Shopping
- Sarah Kudirka Open Studio The Hidden Lane
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Urban Market at The Dock Yard Social
- Bohemia Bespoke Vintage Wedding Fair
- Books at the Botanics
- Magical Enchanted Halloween Celebration Fair
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Don’t miss the summer sale at Jasmine, Glasgow West End
- Free Comic Book Day, City Centre Comics
- Calamity Jane – Mother’s Day Sing-a-Long, GFT
- Celebrating women artists at Nancy Smillie
- Clochoderick Press Presents an Evening of Poetry and Spoken Word
- New Year Heralds In Fresh Brush Strokes, Thistle Gallery
- Glasgow Christmas Markets
- ‘Unwrapped’ Show at The Thistle Gallery 2018
- Eusebi Hampers and Pre-prepared Festive Food
- Christmas Shopping Glasgow West End
- Late Night Opening at De Courcy’s hosted Janet and John and Lovesome Emporium
- The Hidden Lane Christmas Shopping
- Christmas Shopping, Rags to Riches