Antiques and Collectables – Glasgow: Shopping
Glasgow West End: Pat’s Guide to Hunting out Antiques
Great Western Auctions Limited
1291 Dumbarton Road, Whiteinch, Glasgow G14 9UY
Plenty of excitment here with auctions every second Saturday where you can find linens and lace, paintings and porcelain, furniture, musical instruments, carpets etc.etc.etc. The list is endless and the show spectacular.
See the feature:Anita Manning
Other West End Antique Shops include:
Woodlands Antique Cottage, 191 – 193 St Georges Road.
Partick Furnishing, 662 Dumbarton Road
Starry Starry Night, 19 – 21 Dowanside Lane (off Byres Road).
Back in the heart of the West End the Hillhead area is a good spot for antiques with a number of very interesting and inviting establishments. Have a walk around Otago Street and Park Road and you can take in a number of different shops within a small area. Both “All Our Yesterdays”, 6 Park Road and Lansdowne Antiques, 10 Park Road are worth a visit. Otago Street, which is very nearby, has Authentics at No. 12 which has really lovely old pieces. I was thrilled with a glass lampshade I bought there – French and fantastic and most unusual. Right next door to Authentics you will find Retro, which apart from a suberb range of period clothing has some nice bits and bobs – I love their linen and bed quilts.
This section: Shopping
Filed under: Shopping
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- 20 Years of Oxfam Music
- Oxfam Music Shop Byres Road
- Clothes Swap and Repair Party
- Night Flea Market – Ukraine Fundraiser
- Glasgow’s Craft and Flea Market
- Partick Pop Up Indoor Market
- A Visit to Kelvingrove
- Craft and Flea, Makers Market, Glasgow
- Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow
- This Is Not A Christmas Market
- Wasps Winter Market The Briggait
- Christmas Craft and Flea, The Briggait
- Byres Road: Christmas Market and Christmas Tree Light Up
- Christmas Commissions, Exhibition and Gifts Kelvin Art Studio & Gallery
- Palindrome: Cohen – Art Painting & Photography Exhibition
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Art for Africa in memory of Rony Bridges
- Glasgow Open House Arts Festival 2021
- Anniesland Butchers