Antiques and Collectables – Glasgow: Shopping
Glasgow West End: Pat’s Guide to Hunting out Antiques
Great Western Auctions Limited
1291 Dumbarton Road, Whiteinch, Glasgow G14 9UY
Plenty of excitment here with auctions every second Saturday where you can find linens and lace, paintings and porcelain, furniture, musical instruments, carpets etc.etc.etc. The list is endless and the show spectacular.
See the feature:Anita Manning
Other West End Antique Shops include:
Woodlands Antique Cottage, 191 – 193 St Georges Road.
Partick Furnishing, 662 Dumbarton Road
Starry Starry Night, 19 – 21 Dowanside Lane (off Byres Road).
Back in the heart of the West End the Hillhead area is a good spot for antiques with a number of very interesting and inviting establishments. Have a walk around Otago Street and Park Road and you can take in a number of different shops within a small area. Both “All Our Yesterdays”, 6 Park Road and Lansdowne Antiques, 10 Park Road are worth a visit. Otago Street, which is very nearby, has Authentics at No. 12 which has really lovely old pieces. I was thrilled with a glass lampshade I bought there – French and fantastic and most unusual. Right next door to Authentics you will find Retro, which apart from a suberb range of period clothing has some nice bits and bobs – I love their linen and bed quilts.
This section: Shopping
Filed under: Shopping
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Annual Charities Xmas Fayre Glasgow
- Christmas Festival at Riverside Museum Glasgow
- Falling Leaves Exhibition at The Thistle Gallery
- Polly Rose Boutique, Perfect Dresses for Special Occasions, Causeyside Street, Paisley
- Pre-loved Clothes Sale at Offshore
- SUPER Market Glasgow 2018
- Pollok House, Glasgow Doors Open Days, Craft Fair
- Spirito, Interiors, Cards, Gifts, Crow Road, Broomhill, Glasgow
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- Limited Edition Art Sale, The Store Interiors
- Eco-friendly market, St Silas Church, Glasgow West End
- Glasgow Shopping: Currie and Quirk Opticians, Byres Road, G12
- Bleu Door, Beauty and Skincare, Kelvinbridge Glasgow
- Urban Market, Drygate, Glasgow
- Art for Sale at Project-Abilty
- Artists Exploring Outer Shapes…. Inner Spaces, Thistle Gallery
- Hearts for Art’s Sake, Valentine’s Gifts at Thistle Gallery
- Save £4 Ticket Offer- The Creative Craft Show and The Scottish Quilting Show
- Glasgow Kilo Vintage Sale, The Briggait, Glasgow 4 February, 2018