Arts and Crafts in Glasgow West End
Original art work and hand crafted jewellery
Janet & John – promoting Scottish creativity.
A haven for Scottish Handmade Crafts
De Courcy’s Arcade
T: 07731 768373
Janet & John are always adding new designers, artists and crafters from across Scotland. They create various and wonderful Scottish handmade crafts that you will love. Look out for new new candles, ceramics, needle cases, a gorgeous cloche hat and a new selection of cards.
The gallery and shop, located in the heart of Glasgow’s West End, is the brainchild of John and Janet Turner, a husband and wife team who are passionate about promoting Scottish creativity and ensuring that there’s always something new to find at their shop in De Courcy’s.
Janet & John are one of my Best In The West businesses.
Looking for silver jewellery that is Scottish, handcrafted and unique? Then ‘Mo’s Beady Eyes‘ is the jewellery designer for you.
Mo McQuillan is a Scottish designer who will make pieces to your specifications or maybe you like one of her already unique handcrafted items?
See more at: www.glasgowwestend.co.uk/handcraftedsilverjewellery/
Beautiful Gifts and wonderful Engagement and Wedding Rings
Shona Macaulay Fidgett has developed her own personal style in producing her wonderful bold modern jewellery and her collections are in demand by quality jewellers throughout the UK and in her home town of Glasgow. Her rings, bangles, earrings, necklaces and pendants can be bought at the Roger Bilcliffe Gallery in Blythswood Street or Orro Contemporary Jewellery.
Shona Fidgett Designer is one of my Best In The West businesses.
Allan Richardson is much loved and well known local artist, who can often be seen working on his latest project in the streets of Glasgow. He always takes the time to stop and answer any questions people may have about his work – and usually he has a good story to tell about the buildings he is capturing on canvas.
View Allan’s website at www.allansart.com
Allan is such a popular Glasgow character that he is featured in Alasdair Gray’s mural in Hillhead Underground, where he is depicted in his other role – keeping the streets of the West End sparkling clean.
A self taught artist, Allan captures some of Glasgow’s most iconic buildings in his own unique style which makes us all yearn to be there. His art is particularly popular with Glasgow ex-pats and is a great way for them to have their own bit of Glasgow in their home.
This section: Best In The West, Shopping
- Hand Made Guitars – Glasgow
- Christmas Exhibition 2020 – Compass Gallery
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Arts and Crafts Market Online
- From the Studio of Alasdair Gray – Sale Great Western Auctions
- Jasmine Boutique Hyndland Sale
- Jasmine – Reopening After Lockdown
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Porcelain by Nancy Smillie
- Kothel Crow Road – boxes of daily selected fruit and veg
- Cake At Number 8: Cupcakes Against Covid
- Houlihan Pharmacy launches Automated Prescription Collection Service.
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- The Glasgow Guild – Christmas 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Christmas Tech Sale at The Dream Machine
- George Square Christmas Market 2019
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow