New Year Heralds In Fresh Brush Strokes, Thistle Gallery
By ringing in the New Year the Thistle Gallery resolves to continue to feature an eclectic range of remarkable artwork by many of Scotland’s leading contemporary artists, not just from the Central Belt but also from the Borders, the Highlands and Islands, Fife, Perthshire and Dumfriesshire …to name but a few.
‘Turning Over A New Leaf’
12 January – 24 February, 2019
The first exhibition, of what promises to be an exciting year for the Gallery, is aptly entitled ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’, which Previews Saturday, January 12th AT 11am and runs until Sunday, February 24th.
Among the artists taking part are Gallery favourites, Jackie Henderson, James Somerville Lindsay, Linda Park, Paul Kennedy, Helen Tabor, Sheila Fowler, Ian Elliot, and Sheila Hardy.
And in addition the gallery is also delighted to welcome three artists new to the Gallery: Karenina Johnson, Lucy Wilson and exciting emerging talent Indre Hilara Bylaite.
You will also find a selection of new comical canine ceramics by Alex Johannsen and a new range of lambswool scarves and snoods by Glasgow textile designer Olive Pearson.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, interior design
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Winnie Herbstein – Dampbusters at CCA
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Lifting The Lid on Whistler at the Hunterian
- Willie Sutherland – Evolution of Wa at CCA
- Glasgow School of Art Digital Showcase 2021
- A Spotlight on Jack Knox – Compass Gallery
- The Hunterian: Jimmy Robert: Tobacco Flower
- 100 Years of the Barras Photography Exhibition
- Contemporary Quilt Group, The Auld Kirk
- ProjectAbility – Online Exhibition ‘Altered Space’
- SWG3 Opens New Gallery – Yard Life
- Joan Eardley Centenary – Writers Celebrate her work
- The Joan Eardley Centenary Celebration
- At Home Artist’s Talk: GOMA
- The Dance of the Lunar Creatrix – Marianne Wilson
- Greenpeace – Kelvin Way’s Low-Traffic Neighbourhood
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Glasgow Greenpeace – Kelvin Way Valentine’s Day
- Virtual Guided Tour of Barcelona’s Picasso Museum and the Gaudi