New Year Heralds In Fresh Brush Strokes, Thistle Gallery
By ringing in the New Year the Thistle Gallery resolves to continue to feature an eclectic range of remarkable artwork by many of Scotland’s leading contemporary artists, not just from the Central Belt but also from the Borders, the Highlands and Islands, Fife, Perthshire and Dumfriesshire …to name but a few.
‘Turning Over A New Leaf’
12 January – 24 February, 2019
The first exhibition, of what promises to be an exciting year for the Gallery, is aptly entitled ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’, which Previews Saturday, January 12th AT 11am and runs until Sunday, February 24th.
Among the artists taking part are Gallery favourites, Jackie Henderson, James Somerville Lindsay, Linda Park, Paul Kennedy, Helen Tabor, Sheila Fowler, Ian Elliot, and Sheila Hardy.
And in addition the gallery is also delighted to welcome three artists new to the Gallery: Karenina Johnson, Lucy Wilson and exciting emerging talent Indre Hilara Bylaite.
You will also find a selection of new comical canine ceramics by Alex Johannsen and a new range of lambswool scarves and snoods by Glasgow textile designer Olive Pearson.
This section: Art, Photography, Exhibitions what's on-glasgow, interior design
- Creative Thursdays – Jewish Textile Art
- Project-Ability, Virtual Exhibition
- Window Works by Sean Ellcombe RGI Glasgow
- John Byrne at 80 – Glasgow Print Studio
- Govanhill Baths Archive Showcase
- Govanhill International Festival 2020
- Banner Promenade, The Deep End
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum Reopens
- Compass Gallery Glasgow – Anna Molin Exhibition
- Celebrating Diversity Festival
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Porcelain by Nancy Smillie
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Film Friday Art in the Archive National Library of Scotland
- Oscar, Bravo! – live streaming Street Level Photoworks on Facebook
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Glasgow Window Art Festival – High Street and Saltmarket
- Glasgow Film Festival 2020: Close Up – Susan Wood Exhibition
- Looking at Mackintosh’s Masterpiece
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility