Cirkis Made to Measure Dance Costumes
Salsa, tap, jive and ballroom – always a dancer’s city Glasgow’s favourite activity has spread far and wide, with an ever growing number of enthusiasts, competitors and dance schools.
Lisa Templeman and her partner Steven McTear have been working in partnership since they met while studying design and textile at College. Since setting up their dress design business, Cirkis, a couple of years back they have moved more and more into a niche that they both love and that is designing made to measure dance costumes.
Lisa did some disco dancing as a teenager and had lots of fun customising her own costumes with sequins and bright colours. Just to make them a bit different.
“About a year ago we got talking to a local dance teacher who knew we sold made to measure clothes and she showed us some dance costumes. They looked like fun to make as you can be as creative as you want and it reminded me of how I always wanted my dance costume to be different from everyone else’s.”
Their venture has paid off with their made to measure, costumes very much in demand. A lot of the ready to wear ones are very similar and only really cater for the one body size whereas Cirkis can create your own unique costume and it will be a perfect fit.
They have a wide range of fabrics available and can talk through the customers needs and discuss your ideas and preferences.
Costumes can be designed for children or adults and to your own specifications. Just get in touch with Lisa and have a chat about your requirements. Also watch out for Cirkis’ promotional stands at dance exhibitions and competitions.
Telephone: 0141 952 5572
Further information: cirkisdancewear.co.uk
Unit 3, Clyde street business centre, 31 Clyde street, Clydebank, Glasgow, G81 1PF, 0141 952 5572
This section: Shopping
Filed under: Shopping
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Store Interiors, Anniesland, Glasgow
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- The Glasgow Guild – Christmas 2019
- Project Ability Christmas Show 2019
- Christmas Tech Sale at The Dream Machine
- George Square Christmas Market 2019
- Art on the Exchange Glasgow
- Festive Hampers and Gifts at Eusebi
- Hotel du Vin 1 Devonshire Christmas Market 2019
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Christmas Fair Riverside Museum 2019
- Difference by Design Arts and Crafts Fair, Websters
- Christmas Fayre House for an Art Lover, Glasgow
- Christmas Shopping Glasgow West End
- Winter Wonderland Christmas Street Party Ashton Lane
- Wasps Winter Artists and Makers Market 2019
- Winter Fine Art and Antiques Auction, Great Western Auction
- Christmas Extravaganza 2019 Salvation Army Partick
- Christmas Tree Light Switch On & Street Market 2019 Glasgow West End