Move More Glasgow
Move More Glasgow offers free physical activity sessions to people living with or beyond cancer to help them enjoy the benefits of being physically active. The activities are walking, gentle movement, circuit classes and gardening. We have a walk every Saturday around Kelvingrove Park and a circuit session in Kelvingrove Tennis Pavilion. We also Have a Gentle Movement session in the Calman Cancer Support Centre and a walk around Victoria Park. I have attached a timetable with class descriptions for further information on our activities.
Research has shown that physical activity can help to reduce fatigue and the effects of cancer treatment. You can read about the benefits of physical activity on the Macmillan Cancer Support website here.
Information and timetables for Move More and all Good Move activities can be found on our – webpage
The Move More Glasgow sessions are all based in community centres, libraries and Glasgow Club venues in Glasgow communities.
This section: Health and Fitness
Filed under: Health and Fitness
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Greenpeace – Kelvin Way’s Low-Traffic Neighbourhood
- How to Manage Hip and Knee Pain
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Arlington Baths at West End Festival 2019
- Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
- Hockey Club for Men and Women – Glasgow West End
- Halloween Howls Bikram Yoga, Glasgow West End Tuesday 31 October, 2017
- IPC Swimming World Championships 13 – 19 July, 2015 Tollcross International Swimming Centre
- Move More Glasgow
- Glasgow Memory Clinic, Help Shed Light on Alzheimers