Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
Woodlands Community Garden has remained open during the pandemic and they have seen the benefits the garden has brought to its visitors in reducing their stress. This has led to developing a new initiative – their Nature Recovery Project.
Over the coming months Woodlands Community will be offering additional opportunities for people to get outdoors, to help improve local greenspaces and spend time observing nature. They are also offering free and confidential emotional support through one to one outdoor appointments with a mental health specialist.
For details of Nature Recovery events, courses and workshops please visit What’s On At Woodlands Community Page.
Nurture through Nature – one to one support
If you’re finding life a struggle at the moment, then you’re not alone!
As part of the Nature Recovery Project, Woodlands Community is offering their beautiful community garden and a listening ear. Just being in a natural environment can alleviate stress and improve all-round wellbeing. Nature has the capacity to soothe and restore us.
Judy is a mental health specialist and will be happy to meet with you one to one in the Woodlands Community Garden or other nearby green spaces. Taking care to follow social distancing guidelines, this will be a relaxed space to chat, share and rest in nature. Bring your own flask of tea if you like!
Text or call Judy on 07545 659636 to arrange a free and confidential appointment at a time that suits.
Woodlands Community Garden, 91-101 West Princes Street, G4 9BY
This section: Coronavirus, Health and Fitness, Woodlands Community Garden
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Cottiers At Home – Beer Garden Takeaway Extended Menu, Bottle Shop, Beer Garden Reopening
- Drive In Movies Paisley
- Great Styles from Around the Globe at Jasmine Boutique – Gallery
- Edinburgh Film Festival At Home
- A Northern Extravaganza with Shetlandic Poets Christie Williamson and Roseann Watt
- Jasmine Boutique – Stay at Home Service
- Sunset Sessions with Alan Frew
- Joan of Arc Glasgow Film Theatre – Virtual Cinema
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- ‘Here Comes The Moon’ – live stream single launch Starry Skies
- Bob Law’s Blog: Lockdown – Nature in Glasgow
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom
- Stuck in the Suburbs – Refuweegee
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- A Celebration of Birds: Sharing stories, memories and hope