Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
Woodlands Community Garden has remained open during the pandemic and they have seen the benefits the garden has brought to its visitors in reducing their stress. This has led to developing a new initiative – their Nature Recovery Project.
Over the coming months Woodlands Community will be offering additional opportunities for people to get outdoors, to help improve local greenspaces and spend time observing nature. They are also offering free and confidential emotional support through one to one outdoor appointments with a mental health specialist.
For details of Nature Recovery events, courses and workshops please visit What’s On At Woodlands Community Page.
Nurture through Nature – one to one support
If you’re finding life a struggle at the moment, then you’re not alone!
As part of the Nature Recovery Project, Woodlands Community is offering their beautiful community garden and a listening ear. Just being in a natural environment can alleviate stress and improve all-round wellbeing. Nature has the capacity to soothe and restore us.
Judy is a mental health specialist and will be happy to meet with you one to one in the Woodlands Community Garden or other nearby green spaces. Taking care to follow social distancing guidelines, this will be a relaxed space to chat, share and rest in nature. Bring your own flask of tea if you like!
Text or call Judy on 07545 659636 to arrange a free and confidential appointment at a time that suits.
Woodlands Community Garden, 91-101 West Princes Street, G4 9BY
This section: Coronavirus, Health and Fitness, Woodlands Community Garden
- Sounds in the Suburbs – Refuweegee Show
- It’s Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Woodlands Community Climate Change Summit
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Woodlands Community Pop Up Cafe on the Terrace
- Women of Woodlands Support Group
- Al Fresco Dining Glasgow West End
- Wellbeing Walks Woodlands Community Glasgow
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Introduction to Birding With Scott Rogers (V)
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Greenpeace – Kelvin Way’s Low-Traffic Neighbourhood
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- This is not the time to be the bad Angel by Jim Byrne