Boutique Health and Fitness Festival, Glasgow
Sweat It Festival – Choose Health, Choose Happiness
Sunday 20 May, 2018 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
SWG3,100 Eastvale Place, G3 8QG
Scotland’s first ever boutique health and fitness event is coming to Glasgow, the Sweat It Festival will take place at SWG3 on Sunday 20 May 2018. The event will be packed full of inspiring fitness activities, a mix of fitness classes and live food demos.
Some of the country’s finest instructors, trainers and chefs will showcase their skills at this premier event, from temperature raising CrossFit and spin sessions to re-balancing yoga classes, there will be something for everyone.
The Sweat It festival moto is ‘Choose Health, Choose Happiness’, so to help launch the event and to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness day (albeit a day early) the festival team have organised a free 30 minute yoga session with a light lunch in SWG3 on Friday 16th February between 12.00 – 13.00 and everyone is welcome! To be part of this free lunchtime event, all people are asked to do is sign up to the festival’s mailing list on the homepage of the website – www.sweatitfestival.co.uk
The full Sweat It festival will take over the whole of SWG3 with British Military Fitness putting attendees through their paces with their renowned Bootcamp in the yard. A climbing wall will also be erected to push people’s nerves and stamina. The yard will also be home to the parkour group and a number of Segways.
Inside SWG3 in The Studio the temperature will still be raised with music themed Spin Classes. There will also be bookable classes with Fairy Bod Mother, Boxing Sessions with Cyclebox and Strengthening Sessions with Parkour Generations Glasgow.
In the Galvinizers there will be a mix of HIIT sessions with Fly Fitness and come and try Aerial Activities.
The Yoga Den
Heart rates will be taken down a little bit when attendees make their way to The Yoga Den where there will be yoga sessions taking place throughout the day with Shanti Yoga, Kali Collective and Ashtanga Yoga.
Choice of Food and Cooking Demos
Refuelling between sessions will never have been easier with two food stations, including food from Wee Guy’s Pop Up Café, and a Juice Bar leaving visitors spoiled for choice with delicious and nutritious food and drink on offer.
There will also be live cooking demonstrations from AVO AVO, Stellar Health, Chefarella, Simply Simon and Your Health Angel, who will all be showcasing mouth-watering, tasty and nutritious recipes.
The latest fitness must-haves will also be available from the event’s retail partners, as well as a host of Sweat It Festival merchandise.
All of this will be to the beat of live DJs sets from Pretty Ugly and other guest DJs who will be laying down the hottest tracks and remixes to drive participants on to their next fitness level.
With more activities and partners due to be announced in the coming weeks, the one day festival is set to be an action packed day of fitness fun.
Founder of Sweat It Festival, Emma Lynch, said: “I really can’t wait to bring this boutique health and fitness festival to Glasgow, the fact that it will be the first of its kind in Scotland is really exciting. We want people to come and try as much as they can across the day, one ticket will get you access to all of the activities so once you have paid your entry fee everything is free to book. We really want to see people sweat, try new things and just have a great, healthy day out! I know how important my own health is to my happiness and I really wanted to showcase under one roof the wealth of fitness activities we have available to us here in Glasgow. There really is something for everyone!”
- The Atom: A Love Affair GFT watch online
- Best of Africa in Motion Shorts – Shoeshine screening online
- BAKOSÓ: AFROBEATS DE CUBA FILM – Africa in Motion
- ‘A Handful of Dates’ Africa in Motion Online
- Online Quiz Night with Duglus T Stewart
- Create & Connect Showcase. Glasgow Women’s Library
- Live from a Tenement – Chiara Berardelli
- National Theatre Live Events GFT
- Singing with Beth, Live on Facebook
- Twitter Chat, Little Women at GFT Online Film Club
- Sounds in the Suburbs Refuweegee Fundraiser
- Nice n Sleazy Big Weekend of Streaming Live
- The Poets’ Time – weekly meetings with Linda Jackson on Zoom
- Creative Conversations: Iain Maloney, Novelist and Poet – Zoom Event
- Ian R. Mitchell – Some Images From Glasgow’s Past
- Stay at Home Literary Fringe Festival
- Sonnet Youth Social Club
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Jamaica Kincaid: novelist and writer – Creative Conversations ZOOM EVENT
- Zoom Event – A reading and Q&A with renowned poet Peter Gizzi