Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art, Park Road, Glasgow
Beautiful selection of gifts for your Valentine at Thistle Gallery.
Now in its third year, Thistle Gallery continues to offer its ever growing client base wonderful and affordable art from an eclectic range of Scottish Contemporary Artists.
Turning Over A New Leaf
New exhibition for the New Year at Thistle Gallery – will run until February 25th, 2018.
With new exhibits now in the Gallery from among others Linda Park, Ross Muir, Jackie Henderson, Alison Cowan, Gillian Henshaw, Ian Elliot, Sheila Fowler and Janet Cleghorn this strong Show starts the year the way we mean to continue in our endeavours to bring you the best work from some of Scotland’s most popular contemporary artists.
Scottish Contemporary Art at Thistle Gallery
‘We remain true to our original aims of offering a dynamic range of Scottish Contemporary Art, which is both affordable and accessible but never predictable!
In the process we have now established ourselves as one of the West End’s most popular Galleries and throughout the year will offer an exciting and vibrant mixed rotational Show.
Featuring a strong body of new work from some of our best selling artists: Linda Park, Ian Elliot, Cecilia Cardiff, Ian Rawnsley, Jennifer Irvine, Sam Skelton, Jackie Henderson, James Somerville Lindsay, Iain Gordon, Georgie Young, Moy Mackay, Ross Muir, Sheila Fowler and Gillian Henshaw.’
In addition to paintings in a variety of mediums there will also be a superb range of exquisite and eclectic jewellery from Alexa Hope, Amanda Johnson, Carol Docherty, Eileen McAllister, David Murray, Helen Swan and Clare Spencer, textiles from Iona Crawford, Susan Mylne, and Olive Pearson. You will find artisan glassware by Dorte Pape and Elin Isaksson plus ceramics from Angela Pointon and Alex Johannsen.
‘We look forward to seeing you when you pop in. CD’
Thistle Gallery is a friendly neighbourhood gallery located in Kelvinbridge, one of Glasgow West End’s most vibrant areas, where Carol Dunbar has created an exquisite space with an eclectic mix of paintings, sculptures, ceramics, textiles and jewellery.
The gallery has a spacious and tranquil feel with art work beautifully exhibited and tasteful displays of ceramics, glass and jewellery complement the wonderful paintings.
The window installations are themselves a work of art and passers-by cannot help but stop to admire them – often they are tempted to step into the gallery. They can be assured of a friendly greeting. Look out for the fabulous book art by Ronnie Gildea.
Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art
56 Park Road, Glasgow G4 9JF
Telephone: 0141 334 3444
Filed under: Art & artists Glasgow West End, Art - what's on, Best In The West, Gifts, Mother's Day Gifts, Shopping, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more
2 responses to “Thistle Gallery, Scottish Contemporary Art, Park Road, Glasgow”
- Old Kilpatrick Art Club Exhibition, Caulders Garden Centre 22 – 25 February, 2018
- Valentine Haiku by Leela Soma
- Hearts for Art’s Sake, Valentine’s Gifts at Thistle Gallery
- Alberto Vazquez Dark Fables: From comics to films, CCA, Glasgow
- Sonnet Youth, The Drygate
- Japanese Prints and their influence at the end of the 19th century, Glasgow Art Club
- ‘Turning Over A New Leaf’ Exhibition at Thistle Gallery
- ‘Unwrapped’ Christmas Exhibition & Gifts at Thistle Gallery Glasgow until 24 Dec, 2017
- Context, Exibition of Photography and other interesting images at Offshore Gallery
- Everything in my Etsy shop is on sale: framed prints include classic views of the West End
- Temporary Closure of Mackintosh House
- RGI Annual Exhibition, The Mitchell Library, 11 November – 26 November, 2017
- Christmas Art Show, Lillie Gallery, November – December, 2017
- Poetry at Inn Deep, Tuesday 14 November, 2017
- Archifon IV, Cryptic Sonica, University of Glasgow Chapel 1 – 5 November, 2017
- Easing into Autumn With ‘Seven of Seven’, Thistle Gallery from 19 October, 2017 until end of the month.
- Scotland’s Own Coinage, The Hunterian, From 3 October 2017
- A Synchronology: the contemporary and other times, Hunterian Art Gallery, 27 October 2017 – 28 January 2018
- Family Ties, Thistle Gallery, 30 September – 15 October, 2017
- Carol Dunbar, Gallery Owner: Local Character, Glasgow West End