Wellbeing Walks Woodlands Community Glasgow
Thursday 3 June, 2021 at 4.30 p.m. – 6.30 p.m.
Meet at Woodlands Community Garden, Woodlands Community Garden, 91-101 West Princes Street, G4 9BY
These walks are for those who live within walking distance of Woodlands Community Garden.
FREE – TICKETS
If you’re feeling socially isolated, find you are struggling with your mental health, would like to meet some new people or would even like to be more active physically to improve your health and wellbeing, please join us. Walks will be no longer than 2 hours and different mobility issues will be taken into account.
Walk leaders Judy and Chris will look after you and guide you along the route, encouraging connections and introduce you to topics for discussion around wellbeing (ie pausing at different points to do some nature reflection). Will start and end in Woodlands Community Garden.
Judy Jamieson is a Clinical Associate in Applied Psychology (CAAP) and has previously worked privately and for the NHS helping people to overcome common mental health difficulties. Judy has a passion for helping people to experience the healing, clarity and sense of belonging that can emerge as we spend time, present in nature. Chris Holmes who will be supporting the walking groups is currently studying counselling and wilderness therapy.
This programme of walks is free, though if you are able to donate Woodlands Community which helps go towards ensuring that they can continue to run wellbeing activities like this. Please donate if you can.
Suggest you book one or two walks at a time, this means that there’ll be space for different people to take part and it means you won’t be tied down to committing to say, 4 weeks in a row. Will see how things go and if demand is high will reassess.
Any questions, more info or if you’re unable to book online please email email@example.com or call 07547402994
This section: Woodlands Community Garden
Filed under: Woodlands Community Garden
- Wellbeing Walks Woodlands Community Glasgow
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Introduction to Birding With Scott Rogers (V)
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden