Birding Garden Social with artist Scott Rogers & musician Blair Coron – Woodlands Community Garden
Sunday 30th July, 2023 – 2pm – 4pm
Woodlands Community Garden, 17 W Prince’s St, Glasgow G4 9BY
Drop in, no reservation necessary
For July’s Garden social Woodlands Community will have birding conversation with birding expert and artist Scott Rogers followed by live music from Blair Coron in the Community Garden.
From 2-3PM Scott is inviting you to come along with your birding questions for a fun session for all ages. There will be birdie books, bird poems and stories read aloud, and a bird-related craft activity. Scott will offer tips on attracting birds, how to identify them using different senses, and interesting outdoor places around Glasgow that you can visit. Come along and connect to the garden, the birds and wider community.
Following the session of birding with Scott, musician Blair Coron will close the event 3-3:30 with a short set of ambient and modern classical music with a selection of pieces from his most recent project ‘Cairn’. A collection of new music composed by Blair, accompanied by archival voice recordings of people who once lived in early 20th century Scotland and featuring birdsong from the Isle of Canna in 1951.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
- The Burning Season (2023) review Pat Byrne
- Govan Music Festival – Glasgow Barons
- Textile Repair, Sashiko with Keng Keng Watt
- Full Programme Announced for Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Second Hand and Vintage Sale Britannia Panopticon
- Perfect Days
- Blue Sunshine
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Spring’s Around The Corner – time to check the balcony
- Film Screening – Memory Box (2021) plus discussion
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Cinemarc: Women’s Work
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres
- Music Broth at The Mitchell Library