Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
Sunday, 30 May, 2021 at 11 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
Kelvinbridge, Underneath Kelvinbridge, next to Inn Deep, Glasgow G12 8HH
About this event
Since the start of the pandemic, Woodlands Community has been encouraging people to spend time in nature to help them recover from the stress of dealing with Covid-19. We exist within the natural world, are surrounded by it and rely on it in more ways than we can imagine. But often, beyond a fleeting glance to check the weather, we forget to look and really experience it as we live our busy lives and travel from A to B.
Last year they arranged for one our raised bedders and local wildlife and conservation enthusiast, Katrina Caldwell to produce a special ‘Slow Nature Walking’ booklet.
Book now: £5 donation per space and additional £3 if you would like to receive a copy of the Slow Nature Walking publication. Book to join the walk.
If you’re feeling socially isolated, find you are struggling with your mental health, would like to meet some new people or would even like to be more active physically to improve your health and wellbeing, please join us. These walks will be a slower pace and stopping at different points to discuss and appreciate our natural surroundings.
Terrain is on footpaths and pavements. Some surfaces may be uneven
There may be stairs / steps on this walk
If you have limited mobility other walks may be more suitable, contact us for advice
- Walks will be no longer than 2 hours. There will be a a maximum of 6 participants. Social distancing rules will be in place.
- Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear for walking and the weather.
- If you or any members of your household are displaying symptoms of Covid-19, please do not attend.
- You will be contacted to confirm attendance the day before, or if you need to cancel your space please text Katherine on 07547402994
We so look forward to seeing you!
Filed under: Community event, Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow, Walks in Glasgow, What's On Glasgow West End: cinema, clubs, theatre, music, events, festivals, community and more, Woodlands Community Garden
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Lizzie Reid at King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Siobhan Miller at Websters Theatre
- Bill W and Dr Bob, Websters Theatre
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- A Christmas Carol- A Hauntingly Hilarious Family Panto!
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- West End Festival 2021
- Govan Stones Music Festival