Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
Wednesday 29 September, 2021 – 5.30 – 7 p.m.
At Woodlands Terrace 66 Ashley Street, G3 6HW. Register your attendance Register attendance.
The current Exhibition at Glasgow Women’s Library. Life Support: Forms of Care in Art and Activism. In particular Alberta Whittle’s 3-screen Video work.
Located, Glasgow Women’s Library. 23 Landressy Street. Glasgow G40 1BP
Film, The Green Book. See trailer Available to watch on BBC Two . New York, 1962: Italian-American nightclub bouncer Tony Lip gets taken on as a driver for acclaimed African-American pianist Donald Shirley on a tour of the Deep South, where racism and segregation are still commonplace.
Article, No More White Saviours, How to be a true Anti-Racist Ally by Nova Reid.
A Killing at Tiger Bay. The story of the Cardiff Five, one of Britain’s most notorious and astonishing miscarriages of justice. Watch on BBC iplayer
Newly selected book. Titled, My Grandmothers Hands by Resmaa Menakem & is available to buy from bookshop.com for £9.25 Please let Woodlands Community know if you need financial assistance in purchasing this book. There is one copy available on loan from the Anti-Racist Community Library (fortnightly on Saturdays in Millennium Park.)
About the book:
My Grandmother’s Hands is an extraordinary call to action for all of us to recognize that racism affects not only the mind, but also the body, and introduces an alternative view of what we can do to grow beyond our racial divides.
Please feel free to come along and listen even if you have not engaged with the chosen material as it can still be a great experience to hear people talk about what they’ve learned.
Any questions, thoughts, recommending reading/listening/viewing for the group please email
Remember to register. The space has a toilet and is wheelchair accessible.
PADLET has an archive of all the material the group has engaged with.
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Pumpkin v Turnip Lantern Event
- Blade – 4K GFT
- Last Night in Soho GFT
- Glasgow Hallowe’en Ghost Walk
- Hallowe’en – Spooky Kelvindale Woods
- Ice Box Halloween Gig Part 1
- Icebox Halloween Movie Night
- Hallowe’en Witch Market, Britannica Panopticon
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition
- Opening Party – The Landing Hub Refuweegee Fundraiser
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- Feeding the City – screening and panel discussion
- Dumb Instrument with Duglas T Stewart
- COP26 – The Sacred Forest at GFT
- COP26: The Plan That Came From The Bottom Up
- Black British Cinema – Routes of Representation
- I Am Belmaya GFT
- The End of Evangelion GFT