Nurture in Nature – Mental Health Support Woodlands Community
One-to One Talking Support with Mental Health Specialist
Priority given to people living, working or studying in or around Woodlands, whose mental health has been impacted by financial pressures and the rising cost of living.
Worries about day-to-day finances can exacerbate existing mental health challenges, as well as create new ones. Common difficulties include, but are not limited to: low mood, anxiety, stress (e.g. as a result of financial pressures), poor self-confidence, depression, panic, relationship difficulties, sleep problems, grief, specific anxieties like fear of public spaces, feelings of overwhelm, stuckness or not coping, confusing emotions and excessive worry.
If any of this is resonant for you, then to help you cope, Woodlands Communiy is offering a free Nurture in Nature service with Judy Jamieson, a local mental health specialist.
Meetings usually take place in green spaces in and around Woodlands Community Garden. Walking and talking in a local park is also an option. In choosing locations, account will be taken of where you feel most comfortable, plus the need for privacy and confidentiality. Just being in a natural environment can alleviate stress and improve all-round wellbeing – nature has the capacity to soothe and restore us. This will be a relaxed space to talk, share and rest in nature.
If you have health issues that may restrict your access to the service, everything will be done to support you with this, for example, by using indoor spaces or having phone or zoom appointments.
The level of support provided will vary from person to person. However for most people are offered up to 5 one-to-one support sessions.
This section: Woodlands Community
Filed under: Woodlands Community
- Nurture in Nature – Mental Health Support Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Community Fundraising Gala
- Woodlands Community at Doors Open Days
- Birding Garden Social with artist Scott Rogers & musician Blair Coron – Woodlands Community Garden
- Woodlands Community Ebike Hire Scheme
- Seeds of Hope Family Fun Day – Woodlands Community
- Winter Solstice Celebration – Woodlands Community
- Conference: Food, Communities and the Climate Emergency
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- Remembering and Celebrating Esther Brown
- Woodlands Community Cafe
- Kiss the Ground, Film Screening plus Disussion
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Glasgow: Global Day of Action for Climate Justice
- Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Community Climate Change Summit
- Woodlands Community Pop Up Cafe on the Terrace
- Women of Woodlands Support Group