Remembering and Celebrating Esther Brown
Sunday 12 June, 2022 – Starts 1 p.m.
Join Woodlands Community for a special event to remember and celebrate our dear friend Esther Brown.
Woodlands Community Gardens, 117 W Prince’s St, Glasgow G4 9BY
“Esther Brown was a founding member of our community garden and her generous spirit was central to making the community garden a welcoming and inclusive place. For many years she also helped to run the community café and served on Woodlands Community board of charity trustees. Esther was an exceptionally kind, compassionate and caring individual who dedicated her life to helping others. Through her voluntary work she touched the lives and hearts of countless people. We miss her terribly.”
Esther was murdered at the end of May 2021. The event is timed to co-incide with her birthday weekend, and focus on the positives of her life, rather than the terrible circumstances of her death.
About the Event
There will be an unveiling of a beautifully carved Memorial Stone that will form the centerpiece of a newly created rockery and wildlife area to the community garden. The top of the Memorial Stone has been carved to form a bird bath, reflecting Esther’s passion for nature as well as gardening. There will also be a memory table for people to write down and share their own special memories of Esther.
1 p.m. Community Events Terrace
2pm Tea, coffee and cake available in garden
2.30pm Sharing of memories and unveiling of memorial stone
3pm Music on outdoor stage
4.00 pm Close
Donate to the Memorial Fund
This event has been made possible by donations to the Esther Brown Memorial Fund.
The fund will remain open for donations until the end of June 2022. As well as funding the memorial stone and rockery garden, work is being undertaken with a local Men’s Shed for a specially designed bench for the central area of the garden.
Any funds that have been donated that aren’t used for the physical memorials will be used to
– maintain and enhance Woodlands Community Garden as a place where both people and nature can flourish.
– buy food and other essential supplies to support people in need via Woodlands Community Cafe and Veg Box Scheme.
- The Homebird Sessions at Cottiers
- A Night of Grief and Misery, Cottiers
- Helen Rose’s Ourdoor Diary: English Lakes, Coniston
- Summer of Stories at The Hunterian
- Loch Lomond Highland Games 2022
- Alice In The Cities – GFT
- I’ve Heard the Mermaids Singing – GFT
- Nitram at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Tigers at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Take 2. Paddington at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Ithaka plus Q & A with John Shipton, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Purple Rain, late night at Glasgow Film Theatre
- The Princess, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- Alasdair Gray’s Lanark: A World Made on Paper – The Hunterian
- Journey from Jamaica iBrina – Merchant City Festival
- No Evictions Glasgow Open Meeting
- Restricted Code, The Glad Cafe
- Chris McGlade: Forgiveness- Websters Theatre
- Pippin The Musical at Websters