Remembering and Celebrating Esther Brown
Sunday 12 June, 2022 – Starts 1 p.m.
Join Woodlands Community for a special event to remember and celebrate our dear friend Esther Brown.
Woodlands Community Gardens, 117 W Prince’s St, Glasgow G4 9BY
“Esther Brown was a founding member of our community garden and her generous spirit was central to making the community garden a welcoming and inclusive place. For many years she also helped to run the community café and served on Woodlands Community board of charity trustees. Esther was an exceptionally kind, compassionate and caring individual who dedicated her life to helping others. Through her voluntary work she touched the lives and hearts of countless people. We miss her terribly.”
Esther was murdered at the end of May 2021. The event is timed to co-incide with her birthday weekend, and focus on the positives of her life, rather than the terrible circumstances of her death.
About the Event
There will be an unveiling of a beautifully carved Memorial Stone that will form the centerpiece of a newly created rockery and wildlife area to the community garden. The top of the Memorial Stone has been carved to form a bird bath, reflecting Esther’s passion for nature as well as gardening. There will also be a memory table for people to write down and share their own special memories of Esther.
1 p.m. Community Events Terrace
2pm Tea, coffee and cake available in garden
2.30pm Sharing of memories and unveiling of memorial stone
3pm Music on outdoor stage
4.00 pm Close
Donate to the Memorial Fund
This event has been made possible by donations to the Esther Brown Memorial Fund.
The fund will remain open for donations until the end of June 2022. As well as funding the memorial stone and rockery garden, work is being undertaken with a local Men’s Shed for a specially designed bench for the central area of the garden.
Any funds that have been donated that aren’t used for the physical memorials will be used to
– maintain and enhance Woodlands Community Garden as a place where both people and nature can flourish.
– buy food and other essential supplies to support people in need via Woodlands Community Cafe and Veg Box Scheme.
- Black Dog
- Billy Connolly Big Banana Feet
- Take 2: Turning Red
- Blue Sunshine
- Perfect Days
- Moments Of Beauty In Glasgow: Walking Tour
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Spring’s Around The Corner – time to check the balcony
- Film Screening – Memory Box (2021) plus discussion
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Red and Black Show at Websters Theatre
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions