Woodlands Garden Bio-diverse Programmes November and December, 2013
We’ve got a busy and varied programme of Bio-diverse activities coming up this November and December. So despite the change in season and the dark nights drawing in, there’s plenty of incentives to get you out of the house and enjoying some nature on your doorstep. Attached is our brochure which includes walks, talks, family fun sessions, films and details of our new Wild Words writing group. There’s also chance to learn about foxes, reindeer and take part in creating some natural art.
Some highlights in November include:
The Wonder of Soil Film & Discussion Event
Thursday 21st November 7- 9pm at the Albany Centre
With a screening of the film Dirt!The Movie and speakers from the Soil Association and Whitmuir Organic Farm
Dirt! The Movie is an insightful and timely film that tells the story of the glorious and unappreciated material beneath our feet.
Inspired by William Bryant Logan’s acclaimed book Dirt: The Ecstatic Skin of the Earth,
Dirt! The Movie takes a humorous and substantial look into the history and current state of the living organic matter that we come from and will later return to.
Dirt! The Movie will make you want to get dirty!
Thursday 14th November 6-8pm
The first of our new fortnightly writing group, exploring themes around nature, environment and place
All About Foxes
Wednesday 13th November 3.30 – 4.30 pm
A chance to learn foxy facts and take part in family friendly games
Whilst coming up in December we are really excited to be able to offer you a guided tour of the Necropolis to learn about “The Living Graveyard” on the 14th December.
This section: Woodlands Community Garden
Filed under: Woodlands Community Garden
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Glasgow: Global Day of Action for Climate Justice
- Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Community Climate Change Summit
- Woodlands Community Pop Up Cafe on the Terrace
- Women of Woodlands Support Group
- Wellbeing Walks Woodlands Community Glasgow
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Composting and food waste reduction workshop
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Introduction to Birding With Scott Rogers (V)
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden