Local Food Social Support Hub Launch Glasgow
Thursday 5th December
4-6pm at Albany Centre,
44 Ashley Street, Glasgow G3 6DS
tackling food poverty
bringing people together
supporting people and making connections
Woodlands Community Garden are launching a new project to tackle food poverty by establishing local food social support hubs. These hubs will:
– provide free and healthy food in a supportive environment.
– host free cookery classes to enable people to learn about cooking healthy food on limited budgets.
– use food as a tool to bringing people and support organisations together.
– encourage peer to peer support through the making of social links and volunteer opportunities.
– take place at a range of venues across the community.
We shall be working in partnership with a range of organisations including GCVS Albany Centre, Flourish House and West End ACTS (Action of Churches Together in Scotland). Our project is supported by the Big Lottery Fund. Join us at our launch event to find out more
This section: Woodlands Community Garden
Filed under: Woodlands Community Garden
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community
- Summer Art Sessions Woodlands Community
- Outdoor Activities Woodlands Community
- Nurture through Nature – one to one support Woodlands Community
- Creative Pollination: Exploration and Creative Writing Woodlands Community
- Black Lives Matter – Anti-Racism Community Reflection on Zoom