Local Food Social Support Hub Launch Glasgow
Thursday 5th December
4-6pm at Albany Centre,
44 Ashley Street, Glasgow G3 6DS
tackling food poverty
bringing people together
supporting people and making connections
Woodlands Community Garden are launching a new project to tackle food poverty by establishing local food social support hubs. These hubs will:
– provide free and healthy food in a supportive environment.
– host free cookery classes to enable people to learn about cooking healthy food on limited budgets.
– use food as a tool to bringing people and support organisations together.
– encourage peer to peer support through the making of social links and volunteer opportunities.
– take place at a range of venues across the community.
We shall be working in partnership with a range of organisations including GCVS Albany Centre, Flourish House and West End ACTS (Action of Churches Together in Scotland). Our project is supported by the Big Lottery Fund. Join us at our launch event to find out more
This section: Woodlands Community
Filed under: Woodlands Community
- Film Screening – Memory Box (2021) plus discussion
- Lunar New Year Celebration at Woodlands Community
- Nurture in Nature – Mental Health Support Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Community Fundraising Gala
- Woodlands Community at Doors Open Days
- Birding Garden Social with artist Scott Rogers & musician Blair Coron – Woodlands Community Garden
- Woodlands Community Ebike Hire Scheme
- Seeds of Hope Family Fun Day – Woodlands Community
- Winter Solstice Celebration – Woodlands Community
- Conference: Food, Communities and the Climate Emergency
- WOCO Woodlands’ Own Community Festival
- Remembering and Celebrating Esther Brown
- Woodlands Community Cafe
- Kiss the Ground, Film Screening plus Disussion
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Glasgow: Global Day of Action for Climate Justice
- Anti Racist Group Woodlands Community
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- Gathering the Seeds, Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Community Climate Change Summit