Bearpit Brothers music: pre-order the CD: launch imminent
The release of the Bearpit Brothers 4 track EP is rushing towards us (23rd of November at The Glad Cafe).
This is a music project I’m involved with with long-term friends and musicians Robert Ruthven and Lawrence Alexander (read more here).
You can pre-order the CD before it’s release to get it before anyone else – and get some free goodies as well. 🙂
The big Bearpit Brothers CD launch event
Glad Cafe (1006A Pollokshaws Rd, Glasgow, G41 2HG) on Saturday 23rd November, 2013 – 7p.m. £5
Featuring Jimbo Simbo on beat box and special guests Elaine Reid, spoken word, and poetry from Aidan Mceoin.
It’s a family affair; with Pat helping organise the event (in particular the literary and poetic elements by Elaine Reid and Aidan Mceoin) and Robert’s sons Bob and Angus doing design work and helping with organising tickets, props and so on for the night. We’ve also been getting help to set up the event from Meg Curran and Emma Taylor who are generously volunteering their time; as we aim to make it an entertaining night out for everyone.
What do Bearpit Brothers sound like?
Influenced by 50’s and 60’s sounds; think Richard Hawley, Roy Orbison, The Beatles, The Mavericks.
The website and shop are now live. You can ‘pre-order’ the CD for the minuscule amount of £5 (plus P&P). Head over there now to order your copy before anyone else. Buy the CD now and you will have it before the official release date – plus you will get some free goodies (your copy will be signed by each member of the band, you will get limited edition guitar picks and badges).
Don’t delay – get this music – while it’s fresh and new.
PREMIUM EP Launch tickets now available!
Includes entry to the launch, a Bearpit Brothers CD and assorted goodies, TOTAL BARGAIN at only £9 www.brownpapertickets.com event
30 years is a long time to wait before a first official release; support the brothers.
Hope to see you there,
p.s. head over to Bearpit Brothers shop and pre-order your CD. 🙂
This section: Jim's Acoustic Music Blog
Filed under: Jim's Acoustic Music Blog
- ‘Oh – My Beautiful You’ available 31st January 2020
- Jim Byrne – how I write songs
- Ten Writers Telling Lies Gigs in West End Festival
- Gig at Big Sparra Vinyl Ayr, Sunday 3rd April 2pm. FREE
- Signed at last! Now it’s time to give my music to the masses
- Jim Byrne on Camglen Radio at 6pm Monday evening, Oct 12: It’s All About Folk with Danny Matheson
- Gigs: Jim Byrne at South Side Sessions and Bearpit EP launch
- Jim Byrne releases Christmas single: For We Are Born…
- Marti Pellow records song co-written with Jim Byrne for his new album, Boulevard Of Life
- Bar stool philosopher: Songwriting for people who will never have a hit
- The forgotten life: Part 2: Working, not working, half working
- The Muse at St Louis, Literature and Music, Glasgow: Lesley Riddoch 19th February
- Gig by Jim Byrn eat The Roxy, Bearpit Brothers EP available now
- Bearpit Brothers music: pre-order the CD: launch imminent
- Gig on Thursday evening Cotton Candy Music Club at The Dram, Woodlands Road, Glasgow
- Gig: Jim Byrne at The Glad Cafe Sunday 28th April