Bar Stool Philosopher says, there’s no Whooping craze
- Our task today is to Take ideas from music such as looping and apply them to writing.
- Ok here’s the rhythm; dit, dit, dit.
- Write it down and make the first dit bold (we are emphasising the first beat).
- Rewrite that phrase ten times – hear it loop in your head as you write – with the emphasis on the first dit.
- Keep writing – but now add the following word on the second beat, ‘badom’.
- As you keep writing add a tune of words on top; something of your own choice.
There you go, we’ve invented a new genre of fiction.
I’m calling it whooping as in word looping. You can call it what you like. And you will.
This section: Bar Stool Philosopher
Filed under: Bar Stool Philosopher
- Barstool philosopher: media bias cannot be avoided so don’t try to hide it
- The idea of Scots having to ask permission to be independent is frankly ludicrous.
- How to fix a dripping, screaming mixer tap
- Bar Stool Philosopher Looks back at 2016
- The Bar Stool Philosopher Is Seeking The Right Photo
- Bar Stool Philosopher: It’s Time To Grow Up And Leave Home
- Bar Stool Philosopher says, there’s no Whooping craze
- Bar stool philosopher: Songwriting for people who will never have a hit
- The Bar stool philosopher get’s anxious about Scottish Independence
- Ohh to be a writer! The bar stool philosopher
- The Bar Stool Philosopher: Structured inequality, statistics and the individual