Bar Stool Philosopher: It’s Time To Grow Up And Leave Home
The idea of a ‘god given natural order of things and people’ is central to Conservative ideology; Westminster is full of public school educated individuals, who are part of that section of society who believe they are born to lead. They believe this is natural and it is right. They know best – and they are there because a majority of people in the UK agree.
Thinking about Westminster’s relationship with Scotland; those born to lead are in charge of and taking care of’ Scotland. Just like a parent looks out for a child because the parent knows best and a child must be protected as it does not have the natural skills to look after its own interests.
Scotland is the child; and the ruling elites – concentrated in a government based in London is (collectively) the parent. Again – there has been a general consensus that this is natural and right; those born to lead should lead and those born to follow should follow.
However, this ‘unconscious consensus’ about how things work has an effect on the confidence and potential of the individuals not born in to the elite group. Not just individuals but an entire country. And let’s face it – that model (i.e. the god given right to be on the top of the pile) – is – quite frankly – absolute bollocks. It’s time to grow up and leave home.
Bar stool Philosopher
Don’t leave a comment?
Feel free to leave your comment below if you didn’t understand what I was talking about, didn’t bother to read past the first paragraph or if writing a short phrase designed to mock makes you feel smart.
This section: Bar Stool Philosopher
Filed under: Bar Stool Philosopher
- The idea of Scots having to ask permission to be independent is frankly ludicrous.
- How to fix a dripping, screaming mixer tap
- Bar Stool Philosopher Looks back at 2016
- The Bar Stool Philosopher Is Seeking The Right Photo
- Bar Stool Philosopher: It’s Time To Grow Up And Leave Home
- Bar Stool Philosopher says, there’s no Whooping craze
- Bar stool philosopher: Songwriting for people who will never have a hit
- The Bar stool philosopher get’s anxious about Scottish Independence
- Ohh to be a writer! The bar stool philosopher
- The Bar Stool Philosopher: Structured inequality, statistics and the individual