The idea of Scots having to ask permission to be independent is frankly ludicrous.
Just to nail something down – Scotland can have an independence referendum any time it likes. Scotland is a country and the people are sovereign. It’s not like we are children who have to ask our ‘parents’ first.
Scotland is not a colony and not a conquest of England. The idea of asking permission to be independent is frankly ludicrous.
If a majority of Scots want to be independent from the rest of the UK that will happen. No permission is required other than from Scots themselves.
Scots are not owned. if you think you require permission from another country for an independence referendum that is down to social conditioning; a form of false consciousness; a false belief which I’m prepared to admit can take time to shake off.
So next time someone tells you ‘but, but, but, but you won’t even get permission to have a vote…’ put them straight. Scots don’t need permission to be Scots.
Bar Stool Philosopher
This section: Bar Stool Philosopher
- Barstool philosopher: media bias cannot be avoided so don’t try to hide it
- The idea of Scots having to ask permission to be independent is frankly ludicrous.
- How to fix a dripping, screaming mixer tap
- Bar Stool Philosopher Looks back at 2016
- The Bar Stool Philosopher Is Seeking The Right Photo
- Bar Stool Philosopher: It’s Time To Grow Up And Leave Home
- Bar Stool Philosopher says, there’s no Whooping craze
- Bar stool philosopher: Songwriting for people who will never have a hit
- The Bar stool philosopher get’s anxious about Scottish Independence
- Ohh to be a writer! The bar stool philosopher
- The Bar Stool Philosopher: Structured inequality, statistics and the individual