Bob Law: The Land of the Dripping Sun
November just past was one of the dullest months on record and so far December has been very wet and dark. In Glasgow we have not had the devastating floods experienced in Cumbria or other places but there has still has been a deluge of steady rain day after day.
Here are some of my own photographs, where I’ve tried to capture the result of blocked drains, clogged up by leaves falling faster than they can be cleared, non stop rainfall, puddle reflections and a setting sun bringing hope of brighter times ahead … for animals and people struggling to keep going in the face of adversity.
Winter can be a bare and often tough time of year to get through, which is probably why we have celebrations, coloured lights, tinsel and bonfires, dating right back to pagan times in this country. For a keen amateur photographer the dark early nights can provide much needed beauty, warmth and colour – even before the Christmas lights ones are switched on. Sometimes a succession of grey dull days are exchanged for bright glowing nights, where dazzling reflections are at their best and pavements and puddles throw back a mirror image.
Nature’s consolation in her other hand.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer, Photography
- Celtic Connections, Sync of the Times review and photographs, Pauline Keightley
- A Wee Exhibition, Photography, Old Hairdressers
- Bob Law’s Blog: Musselburgh, walking and photography
- Bob Law Photography and Walking in Scotland: The John Muir Way
- Photography Gallery August 2018; Jim’s West End: Kelvinbridge, Clatty Pats, An Clachan Cafe, Euro 2018, Glasgow University
- Photo Gallery July 2018; Jim’s diary: Bowling, big boat, Euro 2018 Cycle Road Race, Glasgow University Ceiling Vault, Old Scottish Postbox, Unicorn
- Photography Gallery June 2018, Jim’s Diary: Glenlee Tall Ship, Francesca Waddell fashion illustrator, GFT Cosmo Cafe, Ruthven Lane, Wellington Church
- Bob Law: a selection of photos taken around Glasgow city
- Bob Law: The Pentlands Gallery
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Max Richter at Celtic Connections 2018 review and photography by Pauline Keightley
- Bob Law Photography: Winter in Scotland, Cnoc Coinnich Day Out
- Jim’s West End Photo Diary September 2017
- Bob Law’s photography: The Colours of Autumn in Scotland
- Jim’s Photo Diary August: Isle of Harris and Isle of Lewis Photo Gallery
- Bob Law’s outdoor blog Scotland: Corra Linn Waterfalls and New Lanark
- Bob Law Blog: Kayaking on Loch Ard
- Bob Law: A Celebration of Spring in Scotland – May, 2017
- Bob Law: Torridon – Collecting Corbetts in the Scottish Mountains
- Jim’s Photo Gallery March 2017: Glasgow University, Ayr beach, Lion and Unicorn Staircase, Park area