Bob Law: The Land of the Dripping Sun
November just past was one of the dullest months on record and so far December has been very wet and dark. In Glasgow we have not had the devastating floods experienced in Cumbria or other places but there has still has been a deluge of steady rain day after day.
Here are some of my own photographs, where I’ve tried to capture the result of blocked drains, clogged up by leaves falling faster than they can be cleared, non stop rainfall, puddle reflections and a setting sun bringing hope of brighter times ahead … for animals and people struggling to keep going in the face of adversity.
Winter can be a bare and often tough time of year to get through, which is probably why we have celebrations, coloured lights, tinsel and bonfires, dating right back to pagan times in this country. For a keen amateur photographer the dark early nights can provide much needed beauty, warmth and colour – even before the Christmas lights ones are switched on. Sometimes a succession of grey dull days are exchanged for bright glowing nights, where dazzling reflections are at their best and pavements and puddles throw back a mirror image.
Nature’s consolation in her other hand.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer, Photography
- Bob Law: a selection of photos taken around Glasgow city
- Bob Law: The Pentlands Gallery
- Bob Law Photography: Winter in Scotland, Cnoc Coinnich Day Out
- Bob Law’s photography: The Colours of Autumn in Scotland
- Bob Law’s outdoor blog Scotland: Corra Linn Waterfalls and New Lanark
- Bob Law Blog: Kayaking on Loch Ard
- Bob Law: A Celebration of Spring in Scotland – May, 2017
- Bob Law: Torridon – Collecting Corbetts in the Scottish Mountains
- Bob Law blog and photography: Edinburgh Lights at Christmas
- Bob Law’s Blog: Walking around Burntisland,The Binn, Kinghorn and Firth of Forth
- Bob Law’s Blog: Autumn Colours in Glasgow’s West End
- Bob Law’s blog: A Trip to Gourock and Dunoon
- Bob Law: River Falloch and Loch Lomond, Photography and Kayaking
- Bob Law: Portencross – walking, cycling and photographs
- Bob Law’s Blog and photography: The Magic of Bute and Rothesay
- Bob Law: Glasgow In Colour
- Bob Law: blog and photographs – Millport and Great Cumbrae
- Bob Law: Old Glasgow and the Necropolis
- Bob Law’s blog and photography: Public Art in Scotland
- Bob Law: West End Wildlife and thoughts on Climate Change