Bob Law: The Winter Wonders of Oban
The Scottish Western Highlands, with a scattered population, can sometimes seem cold, barren and rather bleak in November with endless days of rain, mist covered mountains and little obvious nightlife. The busy sea port of Oban bucks that trend however with ferries travelling from the mainland to various offshore islands, and the town, which lies in a natural bowl, sprawling over several small hills away from the harbour.
Oban at Night
At night the lights of Oban, from shoreline or from approaching ferry, give the place a magical glow and even in the depths of winter the town centre retains a lively feel with its pubs, shops, hotels and entertainment venues packing them in. For holiday makers it’s a gateway to offshore remote delights and fantastic scenery… for islanders it’s a shopping mecca and a taste of small city living yet still with a local feel to it. In good weather, even in November, sunsets can be spectacular and a huge range of outdoor activities lie on the doorstep. During the long dark nights it emits a comforting multi coloured glow with the famous tower lit up like a crown on top.
The Best of Blue Sky Scotland: Adventures off the Beaten Track by Bob Law
This new book – The Best of Blue Sky Scotland. Adventures off the Beaten Track by Bob Law £2:50 is out now on kindle bookstore. You will find 550 original colour photographs and light-hearted accounts of spectacular but little known parts of Scotland that few tourists ever reach including Islay, Jura, Harris, Skye, Rum, Eigg, Canna, Sanday and the Isle of May. It also covers remote Scottish mountain trips and easy five star day walks in the central belt around Glasgow and Edinburgh. A perfect Christmas gift for anyone who likes photography, Scotland, or the outdoors as it must be one of the most comprehensive and heavily illustrated books on the lesser known parts of Scotland away from the Munros and the usual tourist hot spots.
The Best of Blue Sky Scotland. Adventures off the Beaten Track by Bob Law £2:50 is out now on kindle bookstore.
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire