The Hunterian Poems at Kelvin Hall – National Poetry Day 2019
2 October, 2019, 6 p.m.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street Glasgow G3 8AW
Some of Scotland’s finest poets will come together at the Kelvin Hall to celebrate National Poetry Day and to read their poems inspired by the University of Glasgow’s Hunterian Collection. Professor Alan Riach will be hosting this exciting evening of poetry readings drawn from artefacts and paintings in the Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery.
Discover The Hunterian Poems– An Anthology of Poems to Paintings and The Hunterian Museum Poems from the collection of The Hunterian, with its verses written in Scots, English and Gaelic.
There will be an opportunity for post-event book signing of both anthologies which will be on sale.
Tickets are £5, booking required at EventBrite
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019