The Hunterian Poems at Kelvin Hall – National Poetry Day 2019
2 October, 2019, 6 p.m.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street Glasgow G3 8AW
Some of Scotland’s finest poets will come together at the Kelvin Hall to celebrate National Poetry Day and to read their poems inspired by the University of Glasgow’s Hunterian Collection. Professor Alan Riach will be hosting this exciting evening of poetry readings drawn from artefacts and paintings in the Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery.
Discover The Hunterian Poems– An Anthology of Poems to Paintings and The Hunterian Museum Poems from the collection of The Hunterian, with its verses written in Scots, English and Gaelic.
There will be an opportunity for post-event book signing of both anthologies which will be on sale.
Tickets are £5, booking required at EventBrite
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.