The Hunterian Poems at Kelvin Hall – National Poetry Day 2019
2 October, 2019, 6 p.m.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street Glasgow G3 8AW
Some of Scotland’s finest poets will come together at the Kelvin Hall to celebrate National Poetry Day and to read their poems inspired by the University of Glasgow’s Hunterian Collection. Professor Alan Riach will be hosting this exciting evening of poetry readings drawn from artefacts and paintings in the Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery.
Discover The Hunterian Poems– An Anthology of Poems to Paintings and The Hunterian Museum Poems from the collection of The Hunterian, with its verses written in Scots, English and Gaelic.
There will be an opportunity for post-event book signing of both anthologies which will be on sale.
Tickets are £5, booking required at EventBrite
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Paisley Book Festival 2021 – Online
- Creative Conversations: Oyinkan Braithwaite
- Multi-talented and Versatile – Laura Turnbull Fyfe
- Balloch Open Mic – Vale Lad ‘Done Good’ – again
- Balloch House Hotel Open Mic (in abeyance)
- Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson review of the launch by Pat Byrne
- Rymour Books: Cultivating the Literary Arts
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: A Year to Remember – or forget..
- Book Launch: Weird Pleasure by Jim Ferguson
- Damian Barr, Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations: Anuradha Roy
- Creative Activism: 20th Anniversary of Scotland’s Repeal of Section 28
- Cambridge Literary Festival – Winter Festival Online
- Big Book Week Scotland Quiz 2020
- P.M. Freestone at Creative Conversations
- Book Week Scotland 2020
- Real Bread Bakers – Screening and Discussion
- Book Week Scotland 2020: Glasgow Libraries
- Creative Conversations: Sandy NicDhòmhnaill Jones
- I Like Your Hat – book launch with Magi Gibson