The Hunterian Poems at Kelvin Hall – National Poetry Day 2019
2 October, 2019, 6 p.m.
Kelvin Hall, 1445 Argyle Street Glasgow G3 8AW
Some of Scotland’s finest poets will come together at the Kelvin Hall to celebrate National Poetry Day and to read their poems inspired by the University of Glasgow’s Hunterian Collection. Professor Alan Riach will be hosting this exciting evening of poetry readings drawn from artefacts and paintings in the Hunterian Museum and Art Gallery.
Discover The Hunterian Poems– An Anthology of Poems to Paintings and The Hunterian Museum Poems from the collection of The Hunterian, with its verses written in Scots, English and Gaelic.
There will be an opportunity for post-event book signing of both anthologies which will be on sale.
Tickets are £5, booking required at EventBrite
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Creative Conversations: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- Seahorse Saturday
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia
- International Day of the Girl Child
- Rose Ruane, Creative Conversations
- A.E. Stallings at Creative Conversations
- CRER Lunchtime Talks – Black History Month
- Creative Conversations:Roseanne Watt
- Hey – That’s Mine – Museums and Black History Month Glasgow
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020
- You’re Only Young Twice – Digital Doors Open Day 2020