Stuart Paterson, Write on Cue!
Tuesday 25th September 2018 at 7:00 pm
The Project Cafe, 134 Renfrew St, Glasgow G3 6ST
In 2017, Stuart was appointed BBC Scotland’s Poet in Residence, a joint venture between the BBC and the Scottish Poetry Library. During the course of his residency, Stuart’s remit was to write up to fifteen commissioned poems commemorating a variety of subjects on a wide platform of BBC Scotland shows, beginning on National Poetry Day.
What followed was a literal, geographic and poetic adventure.
In conversation with the Director of the Scottish Poetry Library, Asif Khan, Stuart will tell the stories behind the poems and the poems behind the stories. Now that he’s getting over a near-fatal illness, he’s ready to do just that in an entertaining, informative presentation and conversation about having to write on cue, usually but not always right on cue.
Tickets £5/£3 (concession). FREE for SWC members.
Stuart A. Paterson is an award-winning poet and performer in Scots and English. Author of several collections, most recently Looking South (IDP 2017), he received an Eric Gregory Award in 1992 from the Society of Authors and a Scottish Arts Council Writer’s Bursary in 1993. Having moved to England to work in the care sector in 1998, he returned to Scotland in 2013 and was awarded a Robert Louis Stevenson Fellowship from the Scottish Book Trust in 2014. He was appointed the Scots Language Society’s Virtual Poet-In-Residence for 2015-16 and in September 2017 was appointed BBC Scotland’s Poet in Residence.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Occupy! Occupy! Occupy! – graphic novel launch
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Review – The Way Home by Robin Scott-Elliot
- Raw Poetry at Scottish Writers Centre
- The Rhynie Station: Grunnit Spring by Ian R. Mitchell
- Bloody Scotland 2022 McIlvanney Prize Long List
- Pitch Perfect at Bloody Scotland 2022
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- Scottish Writers: The Glass Cat by George Colkitto – Book Launch
- Book launch: ‘Meantime’ by Frankie Boyle
- The Glasgow Effect: Online Talk with Ellie Harrison
- The Feeling Sonnets – Carcanet Book Launch
- Scottish Writers Centre: Playwriting Workshop
- Sma’ Shot Day 2022
- The Voyage Out: The Travel Writing Workshop with Linda Jackson
- Stories of Our Worlds – Refugee Festival 2022
- Scottish Writers: Bloomsday Celebration with Christie Williamson
- Film + Q&A: Zev Robinson’s “Feeding the City”
- The Wanderlust Women – three poems
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson