Strong Lady Show, Merchant City Festival, 30th July
30th July, 12.30, 2.30 and 4.30 p.m.
Enjoy an elegant array of feats of strength, performed by a genuine Strong Lady.
The world of the Strong Lady is filled with dazzling contrasts: muscle and grace, beauty and brute strength, lifting the hearts of the audience and… well… lifting the audience!
A genuine strong lady, Betty Brawn presents an exhilarating array of feats of strength: she tears thick books in half with her bare hands, twists solid metal, snaps steel chains and lifts men into the air as if they were feathers.
“Breath-taking” Sydney Morning Herald (Australia) “Spectacular and very special… People are going to be talking about this non-stop!” Jo Wiley (BBC TV)
Catch the Strong Lady 30 July at 12.30, 2.30 and 4.30pm!
Wilson Street/Hutcheson Street Junction – Merchant City Festival
This section: Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014, Merchant City Festival 2014
- Commonwealth Games. Team Scotland Parade, 15 August.
- Road Race Commonwealth Games Glasgow 3 August
- Film: Sightlines, The Empire Cafe, 26 July – 1 August
- In Common Mural Project, Festival 2014, Glasgow Commonwealth Games
- East End Social, Glasgow Green, 2 August, 2014
- Òran Mór’s Ceilidh for the Commonwealth Friday 1 August
- Lovesick Blues: The Hank Williams Story, July/August, 2014, OranMor
- Harry Papadopoulos Photography Exhibition Until 29 August, 2014
- Jazz Day, Glasgow Green, 31st July, 2014
- Merchant City Festival at Blackfriars Saturday 2nd August
- Strong Lady Show, Merchant City Festival, 30th July
- Slow Down, Exhibition, 25 July – 3rd August
- Paul Towndrow’s ‘Pro-Am Suite’ 31st Jul 2014 0 8 p.m. Glasgow Royal Concert Hall
- On Common Ground 28, 29, 30, 31 July 2014 6.30 p.m. Gorbals Rose Garden
- Greyfriars Garden Open Day 27th July, 2nd and 3rd August. Noon – 4 p.m.
- Glasgow Commonwealth 2014 Marathon Sunday 27 July, 2014
- EMANCIPATION ACTS Writer/Director Alan McKendrick, Merchant City 30, 31 July & 1 Aug
- The Commonwealth Flotilla, 26th July, 2014
- Home Nations Festival Menu, The Tron
- The God of Sugar Monday 28th July, The Empire Cafe