Glasgow Commonwealth 2014 Marathon Sunday 27 July, 2014
Sunday 27 July, 2014
The race will start and finish in Glasgow Green covering a route that will take in iconic Glasgow landmarks and give spectators a superb chance of seeing the race.
Start time: Men 09:00hrs Women 09:30hrs
Elite runners from around the Commonwealth will compete in the race which takes place against a stunning backdrop showcasing the city. They will head off from Glasgow Green, through the Merchant City, George Square, Buchanan Street then head South to Bellahouston Park and Pollok Country Park. Then head back through the Gorbals to Glasgow Green.
Athletes undertaking the 42.195km (26.2miles) route on Sunday 27 July will cross the River Clyde four times as they push themselves towards the finish line, Gold and glory.
Spectators won’t require a ticket to be a part of the Games along the Marathon route as it is one of three free events taking place in the city.
Marathon runners will also experience the unique atmosphere of the world-famous ‘Hampden Roar’, Glasgow 2014 can confirm.
The course has been developed in collaboration with a range of sport, city and tourism stakeholders to ensure that the sport technical requirements are achieved while balancing this unique opportunity to showcase the city to the world.
Plan your travel as many normal routes will be subject to change.
This section: Glasgow Commonwealth Games 2014, Sport, Walks, Cycling in Glasgow
- Kelvin Hall Relaunch
- Festival of Fitness in support of Ukraine
- Halloween 2021 – Spooktacular Walk, Glasgow Green
- Volunteer Led Bike Ride
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Arlington @150 – Arlington Baths Club Celebrating 150 Years
- Football Themed Movie Night at Glasgow Green EURO 2020 Fanzone
- Slow Nature Walk, Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Bike Maintenance Class Woodlands Community
- New Life Gym, Maryhill, Glasgow
- International Women’s Day Glasgow 2020 – Bike for Good
- Soft Play Area and Clip and Climb Kelvin Hall
- Bowled Over, Partickhill Bowling and Community Club
- Young at Heart Dance for Over 50s
- Arlington Baths at West End Festival 2019
- Sweat It Festival
- Glasgow Petanque Club
- World Power Lifting Championships 2018 Glasgow