Shucks Seafood Restaurant opening in Hyndland
Owners of Michelin starred Cail Bruich confirm opening date for new venue Shucks, in Hyndland
…Shucks seafood restaurant and bar opening Wednesday 30th March in Glasgow’s West End…
Paul and Chris Charalambous, co-owners of Epicures, Cail Bruich and Brett, in partnership with leading hospitality investor and itison founder, Oli Norman, have revealed the opening date and details of what to expect at their brand-new £250,000 restaurant concept, Shucks, opening in Hyndland in Glasgow’s West End on Wednesday 30th March, 2022.
The seafood bar and restaurant will serve up the very best produce from Scottish waters with dishes, designed by Head Chef Shaun Haggarty. Menu highlights include Shucks champagne clams, green chilli, coriander & charred sourdough; BBQ Halibut with trotter glaze; and small plates and bar snacks like Hamachi Crudo and Tator tots, chive crème fraiche & herring caviar.
Bookings from 18 March, 2022
Bookings for the seafood restaurant will open Friday 18th March and are expected to book up quickly with the team behind Michelin starred Cail Bruich heading up the talented kitchen brigade.
Alongside the mouth-watering seafood menu will be a carefully curated drinks programme for both diners and walk-ups in the stylish downstairs cocktail, wine bar and outdoor terrace. The drinks programme will include a Champagne and cocktail trolley brought to your table; a carefully curated wine and Champagne list by Cail Bruich’s Head Sommelier; and seasonal cocktails including the in-house Negroni served at your table.
Co-owner Paul Charalambous said: “We are delighted to be opening our fourth venue in our hometown. Like all our venues, we have been working closely with our suppliers from across Scotland to ensure the very best produce will be on the table for guests to enjoy. The menu is experimental but approachable showcasing the simplicity of the seafood from our Scottish shores.
Shucks has been a long-awaited opening for the team and we’re looking forward to opening our doors to the great people of Glasgow and beyond.”
The £250,000 refurb of the 80-cover venue is being carried out by Glasgow based Surface ID who designed sister venues Cail Bruich, Brett and Epicures. The refurb will see the Hyndland spot, site of the former Nicks, transformed into a comfortable restaurant, bar and outdoor terrace for locals and those coming from further afield to enjoy.
Shucks will officially open on Wednesday 30th March with bookings going live Friday 18th March at www.shucksglasgow.com You can keep up to date with all the details by following them on Facebook (@shucksglasgow) and Instagram (@shucks_glasgow) and signing up to their mailing list.
Shucks Seafood Restaurant, 168 Hyndland Road, Glasgow G12 9HZ
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Seafood Restaurants
- Black Pudding Day
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Winter at Secession Bar, Websters
- Mother India – Glasgow
- Paul DiStefano – Magic in the Attic at Cottiers
- Cuba Libre at Cottiers
- Glasgow is gearing up to welcome UCI Cycling World Championships
- Beat 6 – dine out and donate to Beatson Cancer Charity
- ALMEEZAN Takeaway Glasgow
- Peckham’s Comedy Club, Hyndland
- Jamie Mac at The Baby Grand
- The Hellfires at McChuills
- Mother india Christmas Dinner Menu 2022
- Mother India Christmas Menus 2022
- The Wee Curry Shop, Buccleuch Street review by Pat Byrne
- Wee Curry Shop, Buccleuch Street, Glasgow
- Mother India: Wee Curry Shop Reopening
- Kilimanjaro Climb Challenge – Fundraiser Michael & Nico from Eusebi’s
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Mary Irvine: Review of the Sugar Boat Restaurant, Helensburgh