Shucks Seafood Restaurant opening in Hyndland Spring 2022
Shucks Seafood Restaurant & Bar Opening 30 March, 2022
Introducing Shucks, from the team behind Michelin starred Cail Bruich, Epicures and Brett. Bringing a relaxed seafood restaurant, bar and outdoor terrace to the heart of Hyndland in Glasgow’s west end. Shucks serves up the very best produce from Scottish waters with seafood cooked over fire, in-house curing and smoking. Plus, a cocktail and wine bar serving a bespoke drinks programme of seasonal cocktails and carefully curated wine and champagne served from the Champagne Trolley that visits each table.
Paul and Chris Charalambous, co-owners of Epicures, Cail Bruich and Brett, in partnership with leading hospitality investor and itison founder, Oli Norman, are excited to announce a brand-new £250,000 restaurant concept, Shucks, coming to Hyndland in Glasgow’s West End in early Spring.
The seafood bar and restaurant will serve up the very best produce from Scottish waters with dishes, designed by Head Chef Shaun Haggarty, that let the produce do the talking. The skilled kitchen brigade will use a range of techniques with in-house curing and smoking and fresh seafood cooked over a wood-fired grill in the state-of-the-art kitchen.
Alongside the menu will be a carefully curated drinks programme for both diners and walk-ups in the stylish downstairs cocktail, wine bar and outdoor terrace. The drinks programme will include a Champagne and cocktail trolley brought to your table; a carefully curated wine and Champagne list by Cail Bruich’s Head Sommelier; and seasonal cocktails including the in-house Negroni served at your table.
Co-owner Chris Charalambous said: “Shucks has been a long time in the making & we are delighted to finally be able to announce it to the Hyndland community.
Shucks will open in early Spring with more details to be revealed soon, but you can be the first to find out more by following them on Facebook (@shucksglasgow) and Instagram (@shucks_glasgow) and visiting www.shucksglasgow.com to sign up to their mailing list.
“We hope that Shucks will bring a unique dining experience to the area which will add to the already burgeoning hospitality scene that the west end has to offer. We are also proud in the fact we have created 30 sustainable jobs in the area & we will continue to invest in our people & the product to deliver first class hospitality experiences.”
The £250,000 refurb of the 80-cover venue is being carried out by Glasgow based Surface ID who designed sister venues Cail Bruich, Brett and Epicures. The refurb will see the Hyndland spot, site of the former Nicks, transformed into a comfortable restaurant, bar and outdoor terrace for locals and those coming from further afield to enjoy.
This section: Eating and drinking Glasgow West End, Seafood Restaurants
- Black Pudding Day
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Winter at Secession Bar, Websters
- Mother India – Glasgow
- Paul DiStefano – Magic in the Attic at Cottiers
- Cuba Libre at Cottiers
- Glasgow is gearing up to welcome UCI Cycling World Championships
- Beat 6 – dine out and donate to Beatson Cancer Charity
- ALMEEZAN Takeaway Glasgow
- Peckham’s Comedy Club, Hyndland
- Jamie Mac at The Baby Grand
- The Hellfires at McChuills
- Mother india Christmas Dinner Menu 2022
- Mother India Christmas Menus 2022
- The Wee Curry Shop, Buccleuch Street review by Pat Byrne
- Wee Curry Shop, Buccleuch Street, Glasgow
- Mother India: Wee Curry Shop Reopening
- Kilimanjaro Climb Challenge – Fundraiser Michael & Nico from Eusebi’s
- Ashton Lane Stre-EAT FEST
- Mary Irvine: Review of the Sugar Boat Restaurant, Helensburgh