Zique – New Acid Bar Residency at SWG3
(Image by Michael Hunter)
From Thursday 24 February 2022
Zique’s will take over at the Acid Bar, SWG3, 100 Eastvale Pl, Stobcross Rd, Glasgow G3 8QG with a menu inspired by their greatest hits and classic dishes from the last 21 years
Walk ins welcome, booking information will be available soon.
One of Glasgow’s best loved eateries, Zique’s, will take up residency in SWG3’s renowned Acid Bar. Opening from Thursday 24th February, and then Mondays – Fridays 8.30am – 6pm, the menu will focus on breakfast, lunch and an all-day deli, offering the greatest hits of Zique’s classics and bringing back some much-missed favourites.
Zique’s will be inviting a host of chefs with connections to them and the city of Glasgow bringing a round the world experience through collaboration on dining experiences, curating menus remotely to delivering top-class food on site.
Choose from a programme of exciting events from Zique at the Acid Bar
Connecting with a shared love of fabulous Scottish produce will be at the heart of the residency. Food lovers can expect a menu packed with delicious Zique’s staples including The Big Piece, Cullen Skink and their seasonal salads all with ingredients sourced from their tried and tested suppliers and producers.
Zique are planning to offer a variety of carefully curated pop ups and events with restaurateurs, musicians, DJs and artists:
Comedian Michael Redmond of Father Ted fame, who will host on Sundays with a legendary roast chicken dinner serviced with a side of laconic wit.
Maw & Granny dinners with a nominated chef for the day – think ultimate comfort food, served with a side of nostalgia
Sound Singles, Glasgow’s freshest dating group helping singles find a genuine and fulfilling relationship with like-minded people.
Acid Bar is a gorgeous, light-filled, vibrant space with art adorning its walls, a welcoming spot for all the family (it’s child and dog friendly) it’s the perfect stop off for brunch and lunch to sit in or take away. The vast tables and access to plus points make it an ideal place to work, have meetings or enjoy a spot of people watching with the studio residents, artists and musicians, who wander in and out throughout the day.
Mhairi Taylor, Owner of Cafezique, said: “We are thrilled to be the next residency at the Acid Bar. As Glaswegians we have all been fans of SWG3 since the very beginning and are in awe of what the team have achieved and the amazing plans they have going forward. The Acid Bar is beautiful both inside and out and we can’t wait to get started.”
Meryl Gilbert, Head of Commercial Events & Partnerships, said: “We are delighted to be welcoming Cafezique to take the reins of the new Acid Bar residency at SWG3. We’ve hosted some incredible residencies throughout the years lasting anything from three months to a year including Go Sangatsu from Five March, Ka Pao, Ox & Finch, Madlab by Cail Bruich and Julie’s Kopitiam. We can’t wait to welcome Mhairi Taylor and her Cafezique team for the next one and share their brilliant menu with you all.”
Connect with Acid Bar:
- Aye Write: Prof Dame Sue Black ‘The Books that Made Me
- Bob Law: The Beauty of Holyrood Park in Edinburgh
- Bard in the Yard at Kelvingrove Park
- Kelvingrove Outdoor Ceilidh
- Cottiers – Bar, Restaurant, Theatre, Glasgow West End
- Idrish – Glasgow Short Film Festival
- Book Launch: The Pharmacist by Rachelle Atalla
- Hairspray, Beatson Gin and Sing
- My Scotland Stand by Jim Byrne
- Glasgow Mela 2022
- Glasgow West End – Summer Events 2022
- Alma Wolfson – ‘A Painter’s Passion’
- Arcadia Festival – Open Call for Events
- Performers at Glasgow Jazz Festival 2022
- Glasgow Science Festival 2022
- Bend It Like Bertie at Websters
- All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley
- Colonial Seeds / Seedy Social / Community Meal
- Glasgow Contemporary Art Fair 2022
- Aye Write: MORE FIYA: A Celebration of Black British Poetry with Kayo Chingonyi, Janette Ayachi and Dean Atta