Michael Pederson Creative Conversations
Monday 28 February, 2022 1 p.m.
Glasgow University Memorial Chapel, University Avenue, Glasgow G12 8QQ
Michael Pedersen is a prize-winning Scottish poet, writer, & animateur. He has published two highly acclaimed collections of poetry (Polygon Books) with a prose debut, Boy Friends, forthcoming with Faber. Pedersen was awarded the John Mather Trust Rising Star of Literature 2014, and a 2015 Robert Louis Stevenson Fellowship. He’s had work anthologised by the likes of Pan MacMillan and Canongate Books, and was a finalist for the 2018 ‘Writer of the Year’ at The Scottish Culture Awards. Pedersen’s most recent collection Oyster, now in its sixth printing, was illustrated by and performed as a live show with the late Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit.
As a writer, Pedersen is known to collaborate with artists, musicians and filmmakers, producing work for the likes National Theatre of Scotland, Edinburgh International Festival & Scottish Poetry Library. He has read at literature festivals in four continents, features regularly on BBC Radio and has appeared on BBC Arts Night. Pedersen also co-runs and co-founded Neu! Reekie!—a prize winning arts production house, now in their tenth year, known for curating cutting-edge shows all over the globe and hosting take-overs for national galleries, national museums and major festivals.
Note: seats are limited at this event as a social distancing policy is in operation with reduced capacity. If it turns out you are unable to take your place, please cancel your ticket so that it can be released for someone else.
All audience members should wear masks during the event, except where exempt.
(Author Photo by James Barlow)
- Seeing Glasgow: An Artist’s View – Avril Patron
- Ajay Close Creative Conversations
- Maria Fusco – Creative Conversations
- Eden Communities: Walk, Run, Cycle N. Ireland and East Dunbartonshire Networking Event
- Spring’s Around The Corner – time to check the balcony
- Stevenson Jewellers Glasgow West End
- The Nancy Smillie Shop – Glasgow West End
- The 39 Steps, Websters
- Glasgow Goes Green at Arc: Festival Event
- WestFest 2024 – Glasgow West End
- FrightFest at Glasgow Film Festival 2024
- Celtic Connections 2024: Transatlantic Sessions
- Books at the Green with Chris Dolan
- Creative Conversations: Donna McLean
- Fundraiser for Medicin Sans Frontieres
- Valentine’s Day: Lovers Rock at GFT
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Lunar New Year Celebration at Woodlands Community
- The Old Oak Woodlands Community Anti Racist Film Club
- Mika & Me Optical Studios Glasgow