Polly Toynbee and David Walker, Write On!
Polly Toynbee & David Walker
Cameron’s Coup: How the Tories took Britain to the Brink
Saturday 28 March, 2015
4.30 – 5.30pm
The Mitchell, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
As we prepare for a new government we welcome back two of our finest commentators to deliver their verdict on the Conservative led coalition. Written with their trademark precision and passion, Toynbee and Walker reveal how in four short years a party that failed to win a Commons majority has been devastatingly effective. Blending polls and statistics with moving human stories from Taunton to Teesside, Sydenham to Sheffield, Cameron’s Coup shows the alarming reversal in decades of social progress. As Toynbee and Walker argue, it has been nothing short of a revolution. And they ask the pressing question: are these changes irrevocable?
This is essential reading for anyone who cares about their country.
Chaired by Brian Meechan.
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday
- Campire Club Rousing Rebels, Paisley
- Paisley Book Festival: Opening Night: Radical Renfrewshire