Oo an Feddirs by Christie Williamson, Project Cafe, 30 January 2015
Oo an Feddirs by Christie Williamson
Tell it slant
Friday 30 January at 7 p.m.
Come celebrate, launch and listen to Christie Williamson read from Oo an Feddirs, his new collection published by Luath Press. All welcome, BYOB.
‘This striking collection of over 70 poems is the result of Williamson’s decade-long period of reading, writing and performing poetry in both English and Shetlandic, and is the distillation of his best work so far.
Oo an Feddirs is the first full collection from the acclaimed young Shetland poet Christie Williamson. It carries the striking imagery and rhythm that came through in Arc o Möns – Williamson’s translation of poems by Federico Garcia Lorca, which won the Callum Macdonald Memorial Prize in 2010. It is not so much a manifesto as a manifestation through poetry of what it’s like to be him: a living, breathing human being like any other.’
134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Fessen/Reared New Poetry Collection by Lesley Benzie, Book Launch
- Poetry Slam – Open to All – The Tron
- Dardishi Festival at CCA
- The IASSIDD Exhibition ProjectAbility
- International Women’s Day – #EachforEqual: What Difference Does a Decade Make?
- Roots Festival – An Evening with Wullie, George and Friends
- Poor Wurld by Jim Ferguson – Book Launch Party
- Evening of Stories and Songs with Kirstin Innes and Outi Smith
- Aye Write 2020: Memoirs and Confessions – Justified Sinners Speakeasy
- Books at the Botanics
- Creative Conversations: Niall O’Gallagher
- It’s Time To Talk About Mental Health – Part Two
- Aye Write:Claudia Hammond, The Art of Rest
- Aye Write: Andrew Greig and Chris Agee
- Paisley Book Festival: Jenny’s Well Press presents: Writers and Rebellion
- Aye Write: Stewart Ennis and Okechuwu Nzelu
- Rootsy Rammy
- The Muse at the Playhouse with Linda Jaxson
- More Than Words – Poetry Night with Imogen Stirling
- Lin Anderson at Weegie Wednesday