Nights at Project Cafe Tuesday, October 7 at 7:00pm
Nights at Project Cafe
Tuesday, October 7 at 7:00pm
Music+Poetry+Sentinence♥ Sam Small + Leyla Josephine + Nyla + Ginger Alford (USA) + Richard Wehnerberg Jr (USA)
An eve’ of music + poetry + feels at The Project Cafe featuring lots of lovely folk!
Doors at 7pm / Acts start early = 7.20-30!
Entry £3 donation (but if u cant pay u wont be turned away)
BYOB for big kids with £2 corkage to support the lush Project Cafe (you gotta be 18+ tho and underage drinking will get you punted out – sorry not sorry!!)
Sam Small Poetry
A blistering force of fast-paced, heartfelt and funny wordsmithery that’ll have you grinning, clenching yr firsts and believing in hope again.
Her poetry is whip-smart, loud, unafraid and feminist with moments of softness and intimacy like no other. Also she won an award recently but I can’t remember what it was lol!
Nyla’s a pretty unique singer songwriter – managing to produce pop-hook after hook with ukulele sweetness while her lyrics veer between laugh-out-loud funny and painfully honest and selfaware. Total Lad.
Ginger Alford (of High Dive (from Bloomington, USA)
Ginger plays in loads of cool bands from Bloomington like High Dive, Travelling and Good Luck and has written some really lovely new songs which she’s performing on this Europe Tour
Richard Wehrenberg Jr. (from Bloomington, USA)
Richard’s writes 100% lovely poetry about his life and experiences that is funny, sweet and sometimes sad.
As well as writing poetry and prose Richard helps run Monster House Press.
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Mary Irvine’s Blog: Something for Hallowe’en
- Remembering Alasdair Gray / Paradise
- Creative Conversations: Ngũgĩ wa Thiong’o
- ‘Words From Battlefield’ – Book Launch
- Seven New Strawberries – Book Launch
- Poet’s Time with Jenne Gray
- Seahorse Saturday
- From Glasgow To Saturn Fall Launch
- Deep Dive Workshops Stay at Home Literary Festival
- Black History Month: Scots and Early British Colonialism in Asia
- International Day of the Girl Child
- Rose Ruane, Creative Conversations
- A.E. Stallings at Creative Conversations
- CRER Lunchtime Talks – Black History Month
- Creative Conversations:Roseanne Watt
- Hey – That’s Mine – Museums and Black History Month Glasgow
- In Focus: 16 Years: Gigs in Scotland 1974 – 1990 Online Book Launch
- Creative Conversations: Homi K Bhabha
- Freddy Anderson – collected poems and prose book release
- Tidelines Book Festival 2020