Nights at Project Cafe Tuesday, October 7 at 7:00pm
Nights at Project Cafe
Tuesday, October 7 at 7:00pm
Music+Poetry+Sentinence♥ Sam Small + Leyla Josephine + Nyla + Ginger Alford (USA) + Richard Wehnerberg Jr (USA)
An eve’ of music + poetry + feels at The Project Cafe featuring lots of lovely folk!
Doors at 7pm / Acts start early = 7.20-30!
Entry £3 donation (but if u cant pay u wont be turned away)
BYOB for big kids with £2 corkage to support the lush Project Cafe (you gotta be 18+ tho and underage drinking will get you punted out – sorry not sorry!!)
Sam Small Poetry
A blistering force of fast-paced, heartfelt and funny wordsmithery that’ll have you grinning, clenching yr firsts and believing in hope again.
Her poetry is whip-smart, loud, unafraid and feminist with moments of softness and intimacy like no other. Also she won an award recently but I can’t remember what it was lol!
Nyla’s a pretty unique singer songwriter – managing to produce pop-hook after hook with ukulele sweetness while her lyrics veer between laugh-out-loud funny and painfully honest and selfaware. Total Lad.
Ginger Alford (of High Dive (from Bloomington, USA)
Ginger plays in loads of cool bands from Bloomington like High Dive, Travelling and Good Luck and has written some really lovely new songs which she’s performing on this Europe Tour
Richard Wehrenberg Jr. (from Bloomington, USA)
Richard’s writes 100% lovely poetry about his life and experiences that is funny, sweet and sometimes sad.
As well as writing poetry and prose Richard helps run Monster House Press.
The Project Cafe
134 Renfrew Street, Glasgow G3 6ST
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Helen McClory: Short Story Writer and Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Sonnet Youth #31 Old Hairdressers
- Launch of Glasgow Historical City
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Petticoats and Pinnacles, NLS Kelvinhall
- Dove Tales: Home Front Celtic Connections 2020
- Jolly Beggars Banquet Cheeky Besom Productions
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- Creative Conversations, Monday Lunchtimes, University of Glasgow Chapel
- Benny Lynch Heritage Trail, Calton Bar
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Periodical Publishing with Gerry Cambridge, Joy Hendry & Henry Bell
- Val McDermid Crime Writer – Creative Conversations
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End