Martin Stewart’s The Sacrifice Box Waterstones Sauchiehall Street
10 January, 2018 6.30 – 8 p.m.
Waterstones Sauchiehall Street, 153-157 Sauchiehall St, Glasgow G2 3EW
An atmospheric, chilling page turner from rising star Martin Stewart, reminiscent of Stand by Me and Stranger Things.Sep, Arkle, Mack, Lamb and Hadley: five friends thrown together one hot, sultry summer. When they discover an ancient stone box hidden in the forest, they decide to each make a sacrifice: something special to them, committed to the box for ever. And they make a pact: they will never return to the box at night; they’ll never visit it alone; and they’ll never take back their offerings.Four years later, a series of strange and terrifying events take place. Someone broke the rules, and now everyone has to pay.But how much are they willing to sacrifice?
This is a free event.
‘Doors’ open from 6.30pm for a 7pm start.
Please speak to a bookseller for further information.
tel: 0141 332 9105
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’