Bob Law’s Blog: Evening Escapades
Walking and Photography
Clydebank – Great Western Road – Canal Cycle Path
During the last two months of fine weather there have been weekends where I’ve either been too busy or it’s been too hot to enjoy a daytime walk so I’ve been going out in the evenings instead.
Spectacular Sunset – Kilpatrick Hills
It is still light until 10:00pm and cooler with the hot sun fading yet still t- shirt pleasant temperatures. No need for a jacket or jumper. There is also a chance of spectacular sunsets occurring and so it proved on a recent cycle ride with my friend Anne.
We travelled out from Anniesland in full sunlight along the Forth and Clyde Canal, finding the towpath serene and much quieter given the late hour, around 7:00pm.
Great Western Road – A Summer’s Night
We arrived at a hill top in Clydebank just in time for sunset then turned back in the near darkness along Great Western Road.
Buttercup Meadow in Clydebank
A fantastic outing at a slow unhurried pace yet a route of great enjoyment, colour and variety.
Cruise Ships on the River Clyde
We also had the bonus of seeing bats and swifts skimming along the canal after flying insects and panoramic views of Glasgow, Paisley and the three cruise ships in Govan docks just before they departed down the River Clyde to travel the seas again.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
Filed under: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
- Bob Law’s Blog: Old Kilpatrick. Lusset Glen to Bowling Walk
- Bob Law’s Blog: Walking and Photography Old Kilpatrick and Goldenhill
- Bob Law’s Blog: Evening Escapades
- Bob Law: Walks and Photography – Kilpatrick Hills balcony trails
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glennifer Braes Walks
- Bob Law: Gardens of Eden
- Bob Law: Walks and Photography – Scotland has some colourful birds
- Bob Law: Walks in Glasgow – Anniesland and Knightswood
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
- Bob Law: North Pollok Walk, Glasgow
- Bob Law: Blog – Make The Most of Autumn in Glasgow
- Bob Law’s Blog: Rouken Glen – A Park For All Seasons
- Dumbarton to Balloch along the River Leven
- Bob Law’s Blog: Lockdown – Nature in Glasgow
- Bob Law’s Blog: Scotland – Walking and Photography Lunderston Bay To Kip Marina
- Bob Law’s blog: The Changing Face of Glasgow
- Bob Law: Scotland Photography – Mirror Images
- Bob Law’s Blog, walking and photography: English Lake District
- Balloch Country Park, Loch Lomond – Bob Law: Walks and Photography
- Bob Law: A Cycling Trip Around West Lothian