Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
(Linn Anderson photo by John Anderson)
Bloody Scotland 2021 is just two weeks away! In the run up to the festival, some members of the board were asked about their must-see events, as well as their best memories of the festival.
Lin Anderson is a co-founder of the Bloody Scotland festival and writer of the Rhona MacLeod series of crime thriller novels. Her hot picks of the festival include:
Kathy Reichs (in person/online) “I have been a firm fan of Kathy Reich’s books since before I became a published author. She sold me forensics as a fascinating way to portray and investigate a crime.”
Alanna Knight Historical panel (in person/online) “This tribute panel to Alanna Knight, historical crime writer extraordinaire is for me a must see. What a threesome of historical crime writers at the top of their game. SG McLean, ES Thomson and Douglas Watt!”
Bloody Scotland Memories
Lin remembers when Willie McIlvanney told the story of being in Lodgings as a young man and being behind with his rent. His exasperated Landlady left a note on his pillow which suggested he pay his rent or there would be another head on that pillow. Willie wrote his reply … make it a blonde!
“As we were all laughing, a woman in the audience stood up and revealed she was that Landlady!”
Thanks to Lin for sharing her recommendations and memories with Bloody Scotland – “Thank you Lin! We’ll see you in Stirling.
Access to Events Online
Can’t make it to Stirling? As part of the hybrid nature of this year’s festival on offer are digital passes – which will give you access to all events (excl. Masterclass) live across the weekend and on-demand until the 30th September.
Get in quick! The pass is currently at the early bird price of £35 until the 16 Sept.Buy your digital pass
There is a stacked programme of online events that includes: Kathy Reichs, Karin Slaughter, Lee Child, Linwood Barclay and Stephen King who will be beamed into the Albert Halls via live video link up where live interviewers will question them in front of a live and digital audience. And in Stirling itself, you can see the likes of Val McDermid, Ian Rankin, Denise Mina, Chris Brookmyre, Alan Parks, Mark Billingham, Kia Abdullah and Louise Candlish.
- West End Festival 2021
- Anna H. Geerdes – Borderline Exhibition
- Glasgow Doors Open Day 2021 – Arlington Baths Club
- Big Tunes at the Bandstand – Kelvingrove, Glasgow
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Do The Right Thing, Glasgow Youth Film Festival
- Our Ladies, GFT
- Annette, Glasgow Film Theatre
- Wildfire plus Q & A at Glasgow Film Theatre
- Sweetheart, Glasgow Youth Film Festival 2021
- Glasgow Fancy Women Bike Ride
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Networking Climate Cafe – SCCAN
- Riverside Festival x Turn The Tables
- Govan Stones Music Festival
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Riverside Festival 2021