Bob Law: The Land of the Dripping Sun
November just past was one of the dullest months on record and so far December has been very wet and dark. In Glasgow we have not had the devastating floods experienced in Cumbria or other places but there has still has been a deluge of steady rain day after day.
Here are some of my own photographs, where I’ve tried to capture the result of blocked drains, clogged up by leaves falling faster than they can be cleared, non stop rainfall, puddle reflections and a setting sun bringing hope of brighter times ahead … for animals and people struggling to keep going in the face of adversity.
Winter can be a bare and often tough time of year to get through, which is probably why we have celebrations, coloured lights, tinsel and bonfires, dating right back to pagan times in this country. For a keen amateur photographer the dark early nights can provide much needed beauty, warmth and colour – even before the Christmas lights ones are switched on. Sometimes a succession of grey dull days are exchanged for bright glowing nights, where dazzling reflections are at their best and pavements and puddles throw back a mirror image.
Nature’s consolation in her other hand.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer, Photography
- Bob Law: Walk and Photography – Greenock and Gourock Circular
- Bob Law’s Blog: The Knock: A Small Hill Above Largs
- Bob Law’s Blog: Photography and Walks – David Livingstone Centre and River Clyde Walk
- Bob Law’s Walks and Photography: Silverburn to Barrhead
- Bob Law’s Blog: Cuningar Loop and The River Clyde Walkway.
- Bob Law’s Blog: Crookston Castle and Pollok – walking and photography
- Bob Law: The Beauty of Renfrewshire
- Celtic Connections Anniversary Concert Online
- Bob Law’s Blog: Isle of Bute – walking and cycling
- Bob Law’s Blog: A Cold Snap
- Bob Law’s Blog: An Appreciation of Autumn
- Bob Law’s Blog: Wood Carving Artworks
- Bob Law’s Blog: The Wonders of Arran
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glamaig, Isle of Skye
- A Walk Around Edinburgh Castle
- Bob Law: The Beauty of Holyrood Park in Edinburgh
- The Beauty of Edinburgh in Spring
- Bob Law: The Other Ridge on Arran
- The Changing Face of Glasgow in 2022
- Celtic Connections 2022: Transatlantic Sessions