Bob Law: The Land of the Dripping Sun
November just past was one of the dullest months on record and so far December has been very wet and dark. In Glasgow we have not had the devastating floods experienced in Cumbria or other places but there has still has been a deluge of steady rain day after day.
Here are some of my own photographs, where I’ve tried to capture the result of blocked drains, clogged up by leaves falling faster than they can be cleared, non stop rainfall, puddle reflections and a setting sun bringing hope of brighter times ahead … for animals and people struggling to keep going in the face of adversity.
Winter can be a bare and often tough time of year to get through, which is probably why we have celebrations, coloured lights, tinsel and bonfires, dating right back to pagan times in this country. For a keen amateur photographer the dark early nights can provide much needed beauty, warmth and colour – even before the Christmas lights ones are switched on. Sometimes a succession of grey dull days are exchanged for bright glowing nights, where dazzling reflections are at their best and pavements and puddles throw back a mirror image.
Nature’s consolation in her other hand.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer, Photography
- Bob Law’s Blog: Scotland – Walking and Photography Lunderston Bay To Kip Marina
- Bob Law’s blog: The Changing Face of Glasgow
- Bob Law: Scotland Photography – Mirror Images
- Bob Law’s Blog, walking and photography: English Lake District
- Balloch Country Park, Loch Lomond – Bob Law: Walks and Photography
- Bob Law: A Cycling Trip Around West Lothian
- Jim’s Photo Diary May 2019: Glasgow Green, People’s Palace Fountain, Glasgow Art Fair, Balcony Photos
- Jim’s Photo Diary: April 2019: People’s Palace, Cast Iron, Victorian Lights, Glass House
- Bob Law’s Blog: Musselburgh, walking and photography
- Bob Law’s Blog: Ayr Beach – walking and photography
- Celtic Connections, Sync of the Times review and photographs, Pauline Keightley
- A Wee Exhibition, Photography, Old Hairdressers
- Bob Law Photography and Walking in Scotland: The John Muir Way
- Photography Gallery August 2018; Jim’s West End: Kelvinbridge, Clatty Pats, An Clachan Cafe, Euro 2018, Glasgow University
- Photo Gallery July 2018; Jim’s diary: Bowling, big boat, Euro 2018 Cycle Road Race, Glasgow University Ceiling Vault, Old Scottish Postbox, Unicorn
- Photography Gallery June 2018, Jim’s Diary: Glenlee Tall Ship, Francesca Waddell fashion illustrator, GFT Cosmo Cafe, Ruthven Lane, Wellington Church
- Bob Law: a selection of photos taken around Glasgow city
- Bob Law: The Pentlands Gallery
- Session A9 Celtic Connections 2018 review and photographs by Pauline Keightley
- Max Richter at Celtic Connections 2018 review and photography by Pauline Keightley