Ten Writers Telling Lies Gigs in West End Festival
As part of the West End Festival I’m participating in the ‘Ten Writers Telling Lies’ project – playing music at the events along with guitarist Graham Mackintosh and singer Elaine Fleming. There are three dates to put in your diary:
- Waterstones, Byres Road on Wednesday 8th June 7.30 p.m.
- Siempre Bicycle Cafe, Partick, Wednesday 15th June, 7.30 p.m.
- The Gibson Street Gala on Sunday 19th June at 2.30 p.m. in Tchai Ovna, Otago Lane.
Ten Writers Telling Lies is a collaborative project between myself and some of Glasgow’s most talented writers. In prose and poetry the writers will capture the story of a song I have co-written with them. In early 2017 this will culminate in the production of a CD and complementary book.
The writers and poets taking part in the project include: Calum Maclean, Gillian Mayes, James Carson, James Connarty, Micheal Norton, Pat Byrne, Pauline Lynch, Samina Chaudry, Stephanie Brown and Stephen Watt.
I hope to see you at one of the events. 🙂
All the best,
This section: Jim's Acoustic Music Blog
Filed under: Jim's Acoustic Music Blog
- ‘Oh – My Beautiful You’ available 31st January 2020
- Jim Byrne – how I write songs
- Ten Writers Telling Lies Gigs in West End Festival
- Gig at Big Sparra Vinyl Ayr, Sunday 3rd April 2pm. FREE
- Signed at last! Now it’s time to give my music to the masses
- Jim Byrne on Camglen Radio at 6pm Monday evening, Oct 12: It’s All About Folk with Danny Matheson
- Gigs: Jim Byrne at South Side Sessions and Bearpit EP launch
- Jim Byrne releases Christmas single: For We Are Born…
- Marti Pellow records song co-written with Jim Byrne for his new album, Boulevard Of Life
- Bar stool philosopher: Songwriting for people who will never have a hit
- The forgotten life: Part 2: Working, not working, half working
- The Muse at St Louis, Literature and Music, Glasgow: Lesley Riddoch 19th February
- Gig by Jim Byrn eat The Roxy, Bearpit Brothers EP available now
- Bearpit Brothers music: pre-order the CD: launch imminent
- Gig on Thursday evening Cotton Candy Music Club at The Dram, Woodlands Road, Glasgow
- Gig: Jim Byrne at The Glad Cafe Sunday 28th April