Gig by Jim Byrn eat The Roxy, Bearpit Brothers EP available now
Solo Gig: Roxi, 25th January 2014
I’m playing on the 25th of this month as ‘special guest’ of Martin Stephenson and Scott MacDonald in the Roxy, Great Western Road, Glasgow. It all kicks off at 8pm.
I can’t wait to strap my guitar on and play some finger-pickin’ acoustic music again. It’s all go – for some new songs, some old songs and maybe even the odd cover song.
Also on the bill The Optimystics. With this line-up it’s a guaranteed night of great entertainment.
Exciting times for Bearpit Brothers; gigs, radio interviews and great reviews. 🙂
The EP launch night at the Glad Cafe was fantastic; a great mix of poetry (Aidan MacEoin), prose (Elaine Reid) and music. The music of course came from the Bearpit Brothers; we played the songs from the CD plus a couple of new songs and when the crowd called for more – we played an old Dexter Slim and the Pickups song (Facial Scar) as an encore.
We also launched the Bearpit Brothers first video for the song Burden of your cross – produced and directed by Sticklebacks
It’s a brilliant EP – you really need to get yourself a copy.
Also available in the Independent Record stores ‘Love Music’, 34 Dundas St, Glasgow and Big Sparra Vinyl 29, Burns statue square Ayr.
The EP has had lots of great reviews including:
“Burden Of Your Cross swings as a gospel influenced lyric is garlanded with some exquisite guitar duelings with twang and reverb battling away, a wonderful song.” Blabber ‘n’ Smoke – A Glasgow view of Americana
“the cd is epic btw!” Corrina Cola
“So meet The Bearpit Brothers and their new 4-track EP – timeless and magic-full!” Oldies Music Blog
‘exquisitely-crafted debut EP. Four compelling and original songs, showcase understated vocal and shimmering instrumental skills, to break new ground — while neatly homaging past musical masters. – Colin MacDonald of Folkal Point, Folkal Point, Celtic Music Radio.
New solo album in the works
It’s not all been Bearpit Brothers though as I’m still recording new songs for my next solo CD. I’m not sure when it will be out but I feel confident that it will be this year. 🙂
All the best,
This section: Jim's Acoustic Music Blog
Filed under: Jim's Acoustic Music Blog
- ‘Oh – My Beautiful You’ available 31st January 2020
- Jim Byrne – how I write songs
- Ten Writers Telling Lies Gigs in West End Festival
- Gig at Big Sparra Vinyl Ayr, Sunday 3rd April 2pm. FREE
- Signed at last! Now it’s time to give my music to the masses
- Jim Byrne on Camglen Radio at 6pm Monday evening, Oct 12: It’s All About Folk with Danny Matheson
- Gigs: Jim Byrne at South Side Sessions and Bearpit EP launch
- Jim Byrne releases Christmas single: For We Are Born…
- Marti Pellow records song co-written with Jim Byrne for his new album, Boulevard Of Life
- Bar stool philosopher: Songwriting for people who will never have a hit
- The forgotten life: Part 2: Working, not working, half working
- The Muse at St Louis, Literature and Music, Glasgow: Lesley Riddoch 19th February
- Gig by Jim Byrn eat The Roxy, Bearpit Brothers EP available now
- Bearpit Brothers music: pre-order the CD: launch imminent
- Gig on Thursday evening Cotton Candy Music Club at The Dram, Woodlands Road, Glasgow
- Gig: Jim Byrne at The Glad Cafe Sunday 28th April