Balloch Country Park, Loch Lomond – Bob Law: Walks and Photography
Balloch Country Park is well worth a visit. With easy access by train and bus plus car parks right outside the gates of this large park it is convenient for visitors.
Situated beside the town of Balloch and stretching along the eastern shoreline of Loch Lomond it is only 30 minutes from Glasgow along the A82 dual carriageway but feels like mountain wilderness, especially with snow on the ground. A large car park, Train and Bus Station are situated in Balloch right beside the scenic River Leven in Balloch itself . The entrance to the park is a short walk away.
A network of paths lead out through the park on the eastern shore of Loch Lomond with further excellent different walks up the western side of the Loch from the Lomond Shores Complex. From one hour to six hour trips on foot. Tour boats also run from Balloch up the loch.
Both banks of the loch provide excellent flat, easy walking on good paths with great views over the surrounding countryside. If it rains you can find plenty of shelter in the form of mature trees.
As Balloch is on the Highland Boundary Fault, looking north offers wide vistas of peaks and Highland glens.
Alternatively, you can also follow the river downstream to Dumbarton on a good cycling track/walkway so plenty of variety.
This section: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
Filed under: Bob Law: photographer, walker and writer
- Bob Law’s Blog: Evening Escapades
- Bob Law: Walks and Photography – Kilpatrick Hills balcony trails
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glennifer Braes Walks
- Bob Law: Gardens of Eden
- Bob Law: Walks and Photography – Scotland has some colourful birds
- Bob Law: Walks in Glasgow – Anniesland and Knightswood
- Bob Law’s Blog: Glasgow’s Quieter Parks
- Bob Law: North Pollok Walk, Glasgow
- Bob Law: Blog – Make The Most of Autumn in Glasgow
- Bob Law’s Blog: Rouken Glen – A Park For All Seasons
- Dumbarton to Balloch along the River Leven
- Bob Law’s Blog: Lockdown – Nature in Glasgow
- Bob Law’s Blog: Scotland – Walking and Photography Lunderston Bay To Kip Marina
- Bob Law’s blog: The Changing Face of Glasgow
- Bob Law: Scotland Photography – Mirror Images
- Bob Law’s Blog, walking and photography: English Lake District
- Balloch Country Park, Loch Lomond – Bob Law: Walks and Photography
- Bob Law: A Cycling Trip Around West Lothian
- Bob Law’s Blog: Musselburgh, walking and photography
- Bob Law’s Blog: Ayr Beach – walking and photography