Aye Write: Tom Leonard with Tam Dean Burn, new Scots translation Mother Courage, 6th April
Tom Leonard and Tam Dean Burn: Mother Courage
6 Apr 2014 • 7:30 P.M – 8:30 P.M • Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
A new Scots translation of Bertolt Brecht’s great anti-war play of the twentieth century.
Mother Courage by Bertolt Brecht is the great anti-war play of the twentieth century. Here Tom Leonard’s presents his new Scots translation. With actor/director Tam Dean Burn, he will show scenes from the play and lead discussion on its significance in the year marking the start of the war to end all wars.
The full play will be read at the Tron Theatre on Saturday April 5.
Glasgow born Tom Leonard is best known for poetry written in the urban speech of that city. This, and his seminal critical writings, have had a major impact on attitudes to language and writing in Scotland, and beyond.
Edinburgh born actor Tam Dean Burn has played a wide range of roles on stage and screen, including in Taggart, War Horse and The Borgias.
Tickets: £8 plus booking fee
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
- Scottish Writers Christmas Speakeasy 2021
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Interview with Evelyn Lawrie
- Book launch: Like A Tree Walking by Vahni Capildeo
- Community Ownership – Assets or Liabilities Online Discussion
- Creative Conversations: Apphia Campbell
- Book Launch: Wild Women Of A Certain Age, Magi Gibson
- Poetry and the Climate Crisis: Scotland and India
- The Landing Hub – COP26 Fringe Event
- GWL – Walking Tour with Denise Mina
- Book Week Scotland: Writing Trumpet with Jackie Kay
- Book Week Scotland – Built Upon the Rock SWC
- COP26: A Radical Act of Love, Arborescence
- Calton Ceilidh anthology by Ruby McCann
- COP26: Towards Net Zero – speakers and discussion
- Climate Emergency Newsroom, University of Glasgow
- Samantha Walton Creative Conversations
- Ann McLaren at Balloch Open Mic 1 November, 2021
- Creative Conversations: Frances Poet
- Landscapes Without Figures, The American South West by Ian R. Mitchell
- Scottish Poetry Library: Launch Poetry London 100th edition