Aye Write: Tom Leonard with Tam Dean Burn, new Scots translation Mother Courage, 6th April
Tom Leonard and Tam Dean Burn: Mother Courage
6 Apr 2014 • 7:30 P.M – 8:30 P.M • Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
A new Scots translation of Bertolt Brecht’s great anti-war play of the twentieth century.
Mother Courage by Bertolt Brecht is the great anti-war play of the twentieth century. Here Tom Leonard’s presents his new Scots translation. With actor/director Tam Dean Burn, he will show scenes from the play and lead discussion on its significance in the year marking the start of the war to end all wars.
The full play will be read at the Tron Theatre on Saturday April 5.
Glasgow born Tom Leonard is best known for poetry written in the urban speech of that city. This, and his seminal critical writings, have had a major impact on attitudes to language and writing in Scotland, and beyond.
Edinburgh born actor Tam Dean Burn has played a wide range of roles on stage and screen, including in Taggart, War Horse and The Borgias.
Tickets: £8 plus booking fee
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage
- An Evening with Mary Irvine – ‘My Greek Love Affair’