Aye Write Festival 2014: Mark Z Danielewski and Ben Marcus: What The Novel Did Next, Friday 12th April
Mark Z Danielewski and Ben Marcus: What The Novel Did Next
12 Apr 2014 • 6:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M • Mitchell Library, North Street
Two of the most innovative of American novelists show us that the form is far from dead.
It is a privilege to welcome to Glasgow two of the most innovative of contemporary American novelists. Mark Z Danielewski’s House of Leaves is already a classic: the story of a drifter who steals a book written by a blind man about a film showing a house with impossible geometry. The Flame Alphabet by Ben Marcus is set in a world where children’s language has become toxic. Gripping storytelling and big ideas show us that the novel is far from dead.
New York born Mark Danielewski first novel, House of Leaves gained a considerable cult following and won the New York Public Library’s Young Lions Fiction Award. His second novel, Only Revolutions, was released in 2006 was a finalist in the U.S. National Book Award.
Ben Marcus is the author of four books of fiction: Notable American Women, The Father Costume, The Age of Wire and String, and The Flame Alphabet and his new novel, Leaving the Sea. He has written short stories, essays, and reviews for publications such as Harper’s, The New Yorker, Granta, The New York Times and more.
- Books at the Botanics, Christmas 2019
- Are We In A Book – book launch The Dram
- I Am A Rohinga Creative Conversations
- Karen Campbell: Novelist at Creative Conversations
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Paisley Book Festival 2020
- Christmas Shopping at Thistle Books Glasgow West End
- Switch Off – Centre for Confidence and Wellbeing
- The Great Hack Screening and Discussion CCA
- Glasgow Libraries Christmas Reading Challenge for Kids
- Mary Irvine’s blog: West Dunbartonshire Book Week November 2019
- Making Her Mark Launch Event
- The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson, West End Launch
- Book Week Scotland 2019: Kerry Hudson
- The Big Talk, Men and Mental Health at The Ice Box
- Book launch: The Light Acknowledgers by Gerry Cambridge
- Telling Invents Told Lis Rhodes
- Thomas A Clark: Poet Artist Curator at Creative Converstions
- Charlie Gracie, Donal McLaughlin and Finola Scott CCA
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire