Aye Write 2019 Henry Bell and Cat Boyd
Henry Bell & Cat Boyd
23rd Mar 2019 • 11:30AM – 12:30PM • Mitchell Library
The Changing Politics of Glasgow
It has been 100 years since the Battle of George Square and this session looks at how politics have changed in the city over the past century.
Henry Bell is the author of John Maclean: Hero of Red Clydeside a new biography which explores the events that shaped the life of a momentous man and examines his work as an organiser and educator.
Cat Boyd is an author, activist and journalist who was a co-founder of the Radical Independence Campaign.
0141 353 8000
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.