Aye Write 2019: Alan Brown
Coast to Coast Across the Heart of the Highlands
23rd Mar 2019 • 1:15PM – 2:15PM • Mitchell Library
Seeking a temporary escape from city life and a mad modern world, Alan Brown plotted out a personal challenge: an epic coast-to-coast trip through the wild and lonely interior of the Highlands.
Armed with the essentials, and a sense of adventure and curiosity, he discovered more about nature, history, people, his country, the concept of risk, and himself, than he ever thought possible.
In his book Overlander Alan gets to spend time with nature and himself, where he takes his time, wild camping under the stars on a journey of discovery.
0141 353 8000
The Mitchell Library, North Street, Glasgow G3 7DN
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose
- Walking and Writing with Lesley O’Brien, Glasgow Green
- Balloch Open Mic returns to Balloch House Hotel
- Poets’ Time, Book Launch
- Book Festival – Govanhill International Festival 2021
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.