An Evening with Janice Galloway, Aye Write 29 September, 2015
6:30PM – 7:30PM • Mitchell Library
One of Scotland’s foremost writers reads from and talks about her first collection of short stories for five years
An Evening with Janice Galloway
One of Scotland’s foremost writers, Janice’s novels The Trick is to Keep Breathing, Foreign Parts, and Clara have all been critical and commercial successes, as has her non-fiction memoir This is Not About Me.
She has written and presented three radio series for BBC Scotland (Life as a Man, Imagined Lives and Chopin’s Scottish Swansong) and works extensively with musicians and visual artists.
In this event, she will be reading from and talking about Jellyfish, which features fascinating examinations of love, sex and parenthood.
“In her best work, nothing is ordinary… she makes the surreal flicker like a blue flame from the edge of the everyday.” Times Literary Supplement
Or buy tickets from our box office on 0141 353 8000
The Mitchell Library, North St, Glasgow G3 7DN
- ‘There’s a Problem with Dad’ by Carlos Alba
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Govanhill International Festival 2021
- Scribblers Union Digital Gig Series
- Bloody Scotland – Crime Debut of the Year 2021
- Brian Whittingham – Writing Walks in Kelvingrove
- Three Lockdown Poets at Avant Garde
- Independent Bookshop Week 2021
- Tell it slant, Glasgow: Book Launch: A Bird Is Not A Stone.
- Red Squirrel Press – Launch of Three Publications
- #StreamMyStory Children’s Online Events Summer 2021
- Women’s Library – In Conversation with Paria Goodarzi
- Bloody Scotland 2021 McIlvanney Prize Long List Announced
- The Owner of the Sea – Richard Price readings and discussion
- Bernard MacLaverty: Glasgow Writer
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Glasgow Writers: Theresa Talbot
- Scottish Books Long Weekend
- Meet the Poet: Marcus Slease & Colin Herd
- Balloch Open Mic on Zoom