Writing Creative Non-Fiction: Determining the Form Thu 9 July 2015 CCA
Writing Creative Non-Fiction: Determining the Form
Thu 9 July 2015
7.30pm, Free and unticketed, Clubroom
To celebrate the launch of Writing Creative Non-Fiction: Determining the Form (Gylphi), and in collaboration with All Of
Us (Michael John O’Neill) and the University of Glasgow, we are hosting an evening of readings and performances based around the theme of misremembering Join editors Laura Tansley and Micaela Maftei for the launch of this new collection of essays and original writing on the complex art of the non-fiction author.
Writing Creative Non-Fiction: Determining the Form contains essays and original writing from novelists, poets, songwriters, musicians and academics. The book covers topics that range from explorations of the role of the author, definitions and representations of the form, self and illness, to the spectral elements of non-fiction and its role in historical narratives. The essays included in this volume address everything from memoir, biography and autobiography to a discussion of musical approaches to criticism and a non/fiction interview.
Call for submissions
Have you ever been so sure of something, had a memory that you can see so clearly, but have subsequently discovered that this memory is false in some way? Have you ever purposefully misremembered something in order for it to make more sense?
Why did you do this? What effect did it have?
We are looking for 5 minute non-fiction pieces that explore the theme of ‘misremembering’. By non-fiction, we mean:
- True in a meaningful way.
- Autobiography, biography, essay, memoir, reportage, verbatim, poetry, any hybrid form.
Please interpret this as creatively as you like: take us back in time, impersonate someone, do a little stand up. Take us on your journey.
If you have an existing piece or an idea for a piece that fits this theme, please send us a 250 word outline including the form it will take and a brief bio to email@example.com
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- Lapidus Creative Writing with Lesley O’Brien
- Aye Write: Jenni Fagan with Claire Mitchell QC and Zoe Venditozzi Witches of Scotland Podcast
- Book Launch: The Pharmacist by Rachelle Atalla
- Modren Makars Launch Event
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell and Nataliya Deleva
- Book Launch: This Script by Jenny Lindsay
- Creative Conversations: Michael Pederson
- Aye Write: The Kavya Prize
- Aye Write: Graeme Thomson with John Dingwall
- Aye Write: Beyond the Swelkie
- CARLA Book Launch at tell it slant
- Glasgow Literary Lounge at the Scotia Bar
- All Becomes Art – Poems to Joan Eardley
- Aye Write 2022: Scotland’s future. Gerry Hassan, Joyce McMillan & Prof Tanja Bueltmann chaired by Simon Barrow
- Colonial Seeds / Seedy Social / Community Meal
- Aye Write: MORE FIYA: A Celebration of Black British Poetry with Kayo Chingonyi, Janette Ayachi and Dean Atta
- Aye Write 2022: Introducing Debut Authors
- Aye Write: Douglas Bruton introduces…Kenny Boyle, Claire Alexander, Adrian Keefe and Charlie Roy
- Aye Write: Karen Campbell Introduces… Kirsty Capes, Louise Nealon and Emily Edwards
- Aye Write: Matthew Keeley Introduces… Liam Konemann, Julie Owen Moylan and James Cahill