Writing Creative Non-Fiction: Determining the Form Thu 9 July 2015 CCA
Writing Creative Non-Fiction: Determining the Form
Thu 9 July 2015
7.30pm, Free and unticketed, Clubroom
To celebrate the launch of Writing Creative Non-Fiction: Determining the Form (Gylphi), and in collaboration with All Of
Us (Michael John O’Neill) and the University of Glasgow, we are hosting an evening of readings and performances based around the theme of misremembering Join editors Laura Tansley and Micaela Maftei for the launch of this new collection of essays and original writing on the complex art of the non-fiction author.
Writing Creative Non-Fiction: Determining the Form contains essays and original writing from novelists, poets, songwriters, musicians and academics. The book covers topics that range from explorations of the role of the author, definitions and representations of the form, self and illness, to the spectral elements of non-fiction and its role in historical narratives. The essays included in this volume address everything from memoir, biography and autobiography to a discussion of musical approaches to criticism and a non/fiction interview.
Call for submissions
Have you ever been so sure of something, had a memory that you can see so clearly, but have subsequently discovered that this memory is false in some way? Have you ever purposefully misremembered something in order for it to make more sense?
Why did you do this? What effect did it have?
We are looking for 5 minute non-fiction pieces that explore the theme of ‘misremembering’. By non-fiction, we mean:
- True in a meaningful way.
- Autobiography, biography, essay, memoir, reportage, verbatim, poetry, any hybrid form.
Please interpret this as creatively as you like: take us back in time, impersonate someone, do a little stand up. Take us on your journey.
If you have an existing piece or an idea for a piece that fits this theme, please send us a 250 word outline including the form it will take and a brief bio to email@example.com
Centre for Contemporary Arts
350 Sauchiehall Street
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry and Creative Writing Events
- The Girl, The Crow, The Writer And The Fighter – Debut Novel by George Paterson
- Publishing Scotland Fiction Showcase
- Folk Wi’ The Patter – Shaun Moore
- Black History Month, Being A Black Woman in Society Today
- Talks, The Hunterian, Black History Month 2021
- Denise Mina, Creative Conversations
- Nature Stories with Emily Dodd, The Children’s Wood
- Scottish Ensemble Common Sound at Cottiers
- Tanna Slamma Ding Dong, Tannahill Arts Festival
- The Children’s Wood – Nicola Davies with Readings and Screening
- Atlantic Slavery Glasgow ‘Hidden in Plain Sight’
- Balloch Open Mic Blog: Dora Wright
- Graeme Macrae Burnet – Glasgow Writer
- Poetry Launch Party – Jim Ferguson and Kirsty Taylor
- Lin Anderson on Bloody Scotland 2021
- Bernard Maclaverty Creative Conversations
- Creative Conversations, University of Glasgow
- Autumn Creative Writing Courses – Dr Tawnya Selene Renelle
- Magi Gibson – Audacious Women Festival
- Walking and Writing in the Botanics with Gerry Loose