Word Play The Tron, Wednesday 7th May, 2014
Theme – Renaissance
Brought to you with the usual verve and enthusiasm.
WORD PLAY offers an open mic opportunity created by the WORD FACTORY. An event, to showcase work, whilst also providing a chance to participate.
£2 donation towards hire costs etc. All performers should rehearse their work and time their presentation prior to appearance. Please ensure your material will suit a mixed audience.
Slots are restricted to 5 mins max per person, (readers can gauge this by preparing about 3 or 4 short poems or just over 2 pages of typed prose). This limit will be implemented with joyous resolve.
Participation is welcomed from old hands and novices. Contact Marc Sherland
We are all special people and this month we celebrate this in extravagant fashion, music, word and action. Come along and join the fun.
The regular group meetings are held in the Tron Theatre from 1-3.30 on Friday afternoons. New members are always welcome.
This section: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
Filed under: Books, Talks, Poetry Events
- Mary Irvine: Book Week Scotland 2029 – Events in West Dunbartonshire
- Nina Allan Speculative Fiction Writer – Creative Conversations
- Then And Now & What Could Be: Housing Rights & Solidarity CCA
- Libre / To the Four Winds Alliance Francaise Glasgow
- The Siren Awakes Book Launch – Linda Jackson review by Pat Byrne
- Publishing Scotland: Book Week Scotland 2019
- Book Week Scotland 2019
- Write Lines with In Motion Theatre. Book Week Scotland 2019
- Ghost Signs of Glasgow, Glasgow City Heritage Trust
- Words and Music: The Sound of Young Scotland
- Express Yourself Halloween Party 2019 Project Cafe
- Book Launch: The Siren Awakes by Linda Jackson
- Scottish Writers’ Centre Dove Tales: Dia de los Muertos
- Night of Scripts, Music and Song
- Penetrate: Translate Reading Group: Five Measures of Expatriation by Vahni Capildeo CCA
- Adura Onashile: Artist and Playwright, Creative Conversations
- Short Story Collection with Adam McNelis, Glasgow Literary Lounge
- Webinair: How to talk to children about Climate Change
- Have Yourself a Literary Solstice, Poetry is the Way to Peace
- Mary Miller, Author, on Jane Haining – a life of love and courage