Woodlands Community Gardens, Recruiting for Two Artists in Residence
Two artists in Residence
at Woodlands Workspace
April – June 2018
Woodlands Community Development Trust, in partnership with Glasgow Sculpture Studios, invite local artists to respond to Woodlands Workspace, our transformation of a gap site into a new community and arts facility. The residencies offer the chance for both established or emerging artists to create and present their work in a unique outdoor urban location.
What is on Offer
- Two residencies for individual artists (or group of artists wishing to work collaboratively)
- A budget of £1500 per residency, to cover both artist fee and any materials
- Opportunities to utilise our community meeting space for research and development
- An outdoor working space at the basement level of the site
- Twelve months membership of Glasgow Sculpture Studios
- Up to 12 days dedicated workspace and access to fabrication facilities at Glasgow Sculpture Studios.
- Assistance with promotion and publicity and a separate events budget.
- Your proposed work does not have to be 3D.
Performance and other non-material responses to the Workspace site are also welcome
How to Apply
Full details about the residencies, what we are looking for and how to apply can be found on our website.
Click Here for Full Information
Please read the application guidelines carefully before applying
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 28th February.
Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Interviews are expected to take place on Wednesday 14 March.
Want further Information on the residencies?
Come along to Friday 23 February 12-2pm –
66 Ashley Street, G3 6HW.
Drop-in information session where artists interested in the residencies can visit Woodlands Workspace. There is no need to book in advance, but do bring some vegetarian food to share if you can.
This section: Woodlands Community Garden
Filed under: Woodlands Community Garden
- Little Garden Baby Group – Woodlands Community
- Woodlands Anti Racist Community Library Launch
- Woodlands Climate Action 2021 Coffee Chats – COP26 and Local Climate Action
- Slow Nature – Woodlands Community Booklet Launch
- Introduction to Birding With Scott Rogers (V)
- Introductions to birding in Glasgow – with Scott Rogers Part IV(Nature Recovery)
- Zero Waste Sunday Social – fast fashion and textile waste
- Winter Art Club for Kids – Paper Bag Portraits
- Being Together: Book Free Outdoor Space – Woodlands Community Garden
- Reimagining Our Economy – Screening Woodlands Community
- Breathe Better: Beginners Breathing Workshop
- Fly your flag in Woodlands!
- The Glasgow Diet – Discussion Event
- To Meat or Not to Meat – Climate Action
- Woodlands Community Family Cycling Bike Seat and Trailer Taster
- A Very Quiet Street – exploring Glasgow’s history with Zoe Strachan and Louise Welsh
- Celebrating Ten Years of Woodlands Community Garden
- Vegan Cookery Workshop
- Art in Nature: Make a Mandala
- Sleep Workshops Woodlands Community